The Pricing Manager will oversee the company’s Pricing Function; including: Pricing Management, Parts Management, Deal Strategy, and Reporting, within the Enterprise Sales Operations group. This person will be responsible for working with sales leadership to identify and prioritize sales opportunities and allocate resources appropriately. The Pricing Manager is expected to maintain and develop a highly performing pricing team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Comprehensive understanding of Park Place Technologies solutions, services and products.
- Research and understand competitive environment for comparable maintenance services and apply to pricing strategies.
- Develop and execute internal pricing process and guidelines; manage pricing process implementation on new product pricing and price changes.
- Provide leadership to troubleshoot issues.
- Proactively address internal and external customer challenges
- Streamline work flows.
- Provide solutions and improvements to pricing decision tools and processes.
- Resolve escalated issues on the execution of pricing and price realization.
- Manage adherence to pricing policies and strategies including margin targets.
- Work closely with the sourcing team to ensure that product pricing aligns appropriately with current parts cost.
- Manage all databases relating to Market-Based Pricing, ensuring integrity and accuracy of data.
- Participate in pricing strategy setting and aligns pricing strategies with the overall Park Place Technologies’ strategy.
- Create and execute global pricing strategies to ensure profitable margins with doing business in all international markets.
- Provide training to team by travelling (both domestic and internationally) as well as conducting meetings using desktop sharing technology to incorporate remote employees.
- Manage product pricing by conducting competitive parts price research, identify market factors affecting pricing, prepare analysis and recommend strategies that adjust to competitive market influences.
- Oversee all elements of product pricing, including maintenance of pricing for all parts on the Item Master file.
- Work directly with Product Management and Sales to define and recommend pricing strategies for proposals, RFPs, RFQs and other deals. This includes: price-to-win, value-based, bundled, and penetration pricing, among other strategies.
- Demonstrate creativity in developing alternative pricing strategies that win more deals, maximize margin and contribute to a positive customer experience.
- Collaborate with the Sales Leadership Team and Product Management to develop promotional pricing focused around new product introductions and/or a targeted segment/region.
- Proactive participation in Pursuit Drills for strategic deals to ensure customer pricing expectations are set appropriately at the onset and not after the fact.
- Manage the M&A activity that impacts the pricing team through due diligence and planning:
- Determine and execute contract migration plan during each acquisition.
- Identify potential problems and come up with solutions
- Manage the progress and provide status updates to Senior Pricing Manager and/or Business Operations VP.
- Maintain and improve monthly reporting / pricing team metrics.
- Identify opportunities for strategic analysis and develop the necessary analytical reports to help guide pricing decisions.
- Record and maintain pricing and margins for each fiscal year for auditing, analysis and creating reference baselines to be used in pricing solutions, services and products.
- Monitor price overrides and implement corrective actions.
- Coach and motivate the pricing team; provide guidance and direction on problems and issues, including remote employees.
- Monitor and maintain productivity levels for all staff members to ensure business goals are met or exceeded.
- Constant focus on improving efficiency & automation.
- Weekly or Bi-Weekly 1-on-1 meetings with each direct report.
- Address employee time off requests and approve timecards (if applicable) weekly.
- All other management duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years pricing experience or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated strength in negotiation, financial and analytical skills; solid understanding of P&L and balance sheet.
- Experience with contact management software.