It has never been a more exciting time to join Nestlé Starbucks Coffee!
This position is responsible for Pricing, Trade Analysis and Insights for the US CPG business supporting the Field Teams. The main objective is to optimize and execute the Nestle Starbucks Coffee Pricing and Trade Spend strategies within the Field Account teams. Support the process for building trade plans and execution at the account level. Develop insight into optimal promotional strategies, pricing compliance and trade return on investment (ROI), to drive increased trade efficiency and effectiveness. Conduct trade promotion reviews with Field Sales, and Sales Finance to communicate findings/recommendations for trade spend opportunities. The position interacts with multiple functional areas such as Sales & Finance (both Field and Headquarter), to meet requirements.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Manage Trade Analytics Process
a. Develop and provide Post Promotional Analysis (including ROI, compliance and insights) for the top accounts providing trade insights into how to improve plan efficiencies
b. Monitor baseline business providing potential base pricing recommendations, promotional performance, program compliance, and trade strategy guidelines.
c. Develop and lead quarterly business reviews with Field Teams reviewing trade spend performance and providing recommendations to improve promotional activities
d. Participate when needed in monthly calls with Field Sales top accounts
e. Ad-hoc analysis on special events
2. Lead contact for Field Account Teams for pricing & trade recommendations and actions
3. Support the Annual Planning Process
a. Promotional Effectiveness Recommendation
b. Support Field Teams evaluating and identifying trade spend efficiencies
4. Incremental Programs Analysis
a. Review Incremental programs as part of the R&O process, and provide feedback and support on ROI and lift assumptions
b. Support R&O approval process focusing in trade strategy compliance and insights
5. Special Projects
a. Project support for consulting engagements focuses in pricing and trade
Reports to Director of Strategic Pricing. Lead a Sr. Trade Analyst. High level of interaction with Sales Finance Team (HQ & Field) and Field Sales.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor in Accounting/Finance, MBA or CPA preferred
· Minimum of 5 years of sales finance/category management/finance function with a CPG company
· Experience in Pricing Strategy and Trade Spend management required
· Experience with data modeling and syndicated data
· Good interpersonal skills, ability to lead and influence cross-functional business partners
· Good analytical skills/problem solving
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written in easy to digest insights and stories
· Critical Thinking, ability to drive change developing trade analytics process with Field Team
· Computer skills/system expertise (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ISW)
· Go to market/ trade strategy, modeling and leading field pricing and promotional insights to the organization