Overview: Illuminate is seeking a highly motivated pricing manager to join our team. This position reports to the chief financial officer and is responsible for working in cooperation with the proposal team to develop competitive and compelling cost proposals while ensuring compliance and schedule adherence. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of federal contracts acquisition processes, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA).
Illuminate provides full-spectrum solutions and services to address the needs of our global clients across the commercial, homeland security, defense, and public sector industries. Its mission is focused on one objective: providing solutions that accelerate our customers’ operational decision making. Illuminate enables this ability by matching its multi-source data acquisition technologies and tradecraft-driven analytic services with superior large-scale AI/ML-enabled data enrichment, engineering methodologies, and our unique mission-oriented subject matter expertise.
- Review and interpret proposal/quote instructions (RFP/RFQ); identify and develop questions based on the solicitation that impacts pricing strategy and compliance.
- Work closely with technical team and perform market research/assessments to develop realistic, competitive cost/pricing estimates that fulfill performance work statements (PWS) and statement of work (SOW) requirements. Ensure price/cost volumes comply to the proposal/quote instructions (RFP/RFQ) and Federal Acquisition Regulation for all contract types: indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ), task orders, evaluation notices, contract negotiations, change orders, contract extensions, engineering change proposals (ECP) and rough order of magnitude (ROM)
- Provide estimating support in the development of basis of estimates (BOE) to ensure the estimating system is explained to provide accuracy, compliance, price reasonableness and cost realism for government/sponsor reviewers
- Coordinate pricing negotiations with subcontractors to ensure best value is obtained and subcontractor and vendor quotes are aligned with overall pricing strategy.
- Prepare final pricing submission volume (sanitized and un-sanitized) and hand off to proposal manager
- Support internal/external pricing audits; identify areas for process improvement and assist in implementation of revised processes.
- Assist management in reviewing pricing/simulation
The Pricing Manager shall possess the following qualifications:
- BS/BA degree
- At least 10 years’ experience modeling basis of estimates and pricing federal contract proposals
- Knowledge of FAR and experience with all contract types
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, independent and reliable, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills