Industry: Healthcare IT•
5 - 7 years
Posted 295 days ago
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
The Mechanical Pipe & Tube Strategic Business Unit (SBU), a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Pricing Manager in our Harvey, IL location. Harvey is located approximately 20 miles south of downtown Chicago.
Reporting to the VP/GM of Mechanical Pipe & Tube, the Pricing Manager is charged with growing contribution margin through a combination of strategic pricing and targeted growth initiatives. The Pricing Manager responsibilities include:
• Manage overall pricing strategy and implementation for Allied, Tectron and Telespar product lines
• Implement innovative strategic pricing improvement programs and track impact on pricing and profitability within identified markets, customers and channels
• Review market trends, customer data and profitability analytics to uncover opportunity insights, ensure reasonableness of findings and seek cross functional input in pricing development strategies
• Drive application of lean tool set to deliver continuous improvement in department operations
• Understand and anticipate the impact of market conditions, field response and competitive response in support of pricing strategies
• Provide subject matter expertise to the commercial teams on pricing strategy and implementation. Develop, introduce and drive data driven pricing standard work, guidelines and tools for the commercial teams
• Development, roll out and expansion of pricing and reporting tools. Prepare executive level reports of findings and opportunities to increase price attainment
• Establish and maintain competitive portfolio price database for selected competitors
• Play a critical role in maximizing both volume and margin and, as such, has exceptional analytical and negotiation skills
• Active participant in overall leadership of the business as a key staff member of the strategic business unit
• Manage and develop pricing analyst
This position works closely with sales, marketing, customer service, finance and demand planning to win and keep business at the highest possible profitability.
Desired Personal Attributes:
• Strong leadership skills
• Self-starter & process disciplined
• Enthusiastic, energetic personality that enjoys working with customers in a fast paced "team first" environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Personal Drive with a Focus on Results
• Demonstrates our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability
Requirements Desired Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering Preferred, Finance, Statistics, Accounting or Marketing second preference)
• MBA Preferred (with focus in Pricing)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing pricing, customer service and/or inside sales in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, Database and Reporting tools, CRM systems