Our telematics data has opened the door to new ways of auto pricing: new data everywhere, new analytical approaches, and the massive computational power to finally put the two together.
We're looking for an Actuarial Manager to lead a talented team of Analysts in achieving industry leading unit economics by building, filing, and implementing rating plans in new and existing auto and renters states. Through your deep expertise in P&C insurance, you'll continue the build out our rating analytics suite from the ground up, improving both our internal methods while exploring new, innovative approaches. However, you won't be completely detached from the work; we're looking for a Manager who can roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds when needed.Responsibilities:
- Lead continued development of ratemaking, monitoring, and forecasting analytics
- Oversee state rate filings and rating changes, working directly with the DOI to launch and update rating plans
- Expand skills, knowledge, and capacity of team of actuarial analysts
- Work cross-functionally to enhance our segmentation, products, and tooling
- 5-7 years P&C insurance pricing experience, with 1-3 years in a Manager level role. ACAS or FCAS preferred
- Experience navigating complex regulatory environments and relationships
- Exceptional communication skills; able to convey technical ideas to a broad audience
- Effective prioritization and decision making skills
- Strong, demonstrable statistical knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (filtering/sorting, pivot tables, visualizations)
- Familiar with R, Python, or SQL
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation�s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That�s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It�s the way insurance should be. And it�s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We�re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you�ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it�s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us