- Analyze the macro market and internal business factors to strategically price products to maximize revenue and/or profit.
- This role would be responsible for business planning and attainment which will require working cross-functionally between Sales, Finance and Product Owners.
- Utilizes reports of findings and creates appropriate materials to communicate the findings. He or she will maintain a broad understanding of Ingram Micro’s business model along with becoming educated on particular vendors, customers, and internal division’s business models and needs.
- As a Pricing Consultant II, the focus will be to define pricing issues and identify how pricing facts, data and decisions link to overall business strategy issues.
- Leverage B2B pricing experience to lead clients through sales improvements through Pricing.
- Act as a thought leader, providing practical recommendations and contributing to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges.
- Champion and support new projects communicating its value and engage others to participate.
- Understand client’s objectives and translate business need into the pricing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as: Statistics, Operations Research, Econometrics or Applied Mathematics and Advanced degree (MS or PhD) preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in pricing or pricing consulting.
- Knowledge of basic statistics such as standard deviation, mean.
- Awareness of Machine learning and data mining and the ability to speak to its uses.
- Experience in analyzing large data sets, identifying trends and patterns preferred.
- Synthesize findings, develop recommendations and communicate results to clients and internal teams.
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources.
- Experience with SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data mining purposes highly desired.
- Specialization in at least one of the following; database design, architecture and/or data integration.
- Subject matter expertise in at least 2 of the following: price optimization, price elasticity and customer segmentation.
Job ID: 17042