The Price to Win (PTW) Director is accountable to the Vice President of Pricing for establishing and leading a PTW department that supports Akima, LLC's Cost & Pricing functions in a diverse organization with multiple ongoing large and complex pricing proposals.
The Director shall facilitate the development of common operational procedures and policies that provide insight into the competitive landscape of opportunities for Executives, Capture Teams, and the Pricing Team. This person will engage in market research and data compilation to provide alternate approaches/solutions to the requirements that will challenge the capture team to confirm they have made the best strategy decisions. This person will build and manage the internal knowledge repository and database.
The Director is responsible for staying abreast of federal requirements, ensuring compliance with established standards, and communicating these requirements to subordinates and senior management.
- Oversee day to day management of the Price to Win functions for Akima, LLC and its operating companies
- Work with key stake holders to develop a common operational picture of the competitive landscape (common picture for executives, account managers, capture manager, pricing team, etc.)
- Keep abreast of current and projected pursuit efforts, and communicate a Price-to-Win multi-variable hypothesis of the competitors' predicted behaviors, taking into account variables associated with Government customers
- Research and provide alternate approaches/solutions to pursuit efforts that will avert risk and challenge the capture team to confirm they have made the best strategy decisions
- Establish overall price to win policies and procedures and ensure they are understood and followed by all operating companies and shared service departments
- Provide leadership and strategic vision including planning, developing, implementing and evaluating all related processes, policies and procedures
- Guide pricing strategy to ensure competitive bid structure to achieve highest win probabilities
- Interface with senior management, shared service departments, business development and proposal teams to identify issues, support strategy & guidance, and implement solutions
- Implement tools and innovation to improve price to win process across the operating business groups for improved performance, price to win analysis, and win probability
- Manage the activities of department staff in developing and presenting complex price to win analysis
- Interface with customers, suppliers, subcontractors and teammates as required to develop team pricing strategies and document price to win analyses/comparisons
- Act as primary interface with price to win strategies and prepare price to win review packages for executive leadership
- Provide support for bid/no-bid decisions
- Participate in Sales Reviews as a member of management team prior to submission of proposals
- Develop a price to win database, continually adding to the knowledge repository
- Assist in providing direction for recruiting, retention, training, development and motivation of the department team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance or Analytical Discipline) or equivalent education and experience
- At least 15 years in-depth experience in Government/DoD proposal pricing with an understanding of government required cost structures, FAR, DFARS, CAS and GAAP
- At least 8 years of experience must have been in a senior/lead pricing role where personnel were managed and projects were led
- At least 5 years of experience must have been in a senior/lead price to win role
- Experience with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and Collective Bargaining Agreements
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Strong understanding of price to win concepts and techniques
- Strong analytical skills - data analysis, market research, pricing, and planning
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Strong background in the use of Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of the government procurement process and contractor proposal responses
- Team player with ability to influence and motivate others
- Hands-on, self-starter with ability to multi-task and work effectively across departments, with internal and external customers
- Ability to read/understand system requirements docs/SOW/CONOPS/PWS, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize an architecture and construct a solution-driven bill of materials and/or technical solution
- Experience building indirect cost structures, disclosure statements, and Government cost accounting system knowledge
- Ability to account for all skills/positions required to execute RFP requirements
- Ability to interview SMEs for background information to identify range of approaches, cost drivers, etc.
- Ability to build a set of logical assumptions for each competitive target from experience and knowledge of the competitive landscape