8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Description of Duties:
The Pressroom Manager provides overall leadership to the department to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Responsibilities include:
- Mentor, Lead, and direct Press department supervisors.
- Establish standards of performance and manage against responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Maintain an active presence on the production floor in order to foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate and maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Interpret, communicate, and follow company and department policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assist in the development of budgets, objectives, policies, plans, and programs.
- Support the department in satisfying internal and external client expectations.
- Keep Director Print Operations informed of production issues.
- Accountable for accuracy and efficiency of end product and verify quality and production standards are followed.
- Utilize production data to obtain high productivity with minimum spoilage and non-chargeable time.
- Lead department Uptime and Lean initiatives; “Leader of Change”
- Stay educated and well-informed of technological progress in the industry related to the department and provide recommendations for strategic advantage.
- Meet measurement goals including waste reduction, billable hours, utilization improvement, spoilage, and rework.
- Identify and address opportunities to improve quality and reduce rework with key objectives of zero defects.
- Act as technical subject matter expert and liaison between Job Planning, Estimators, and Print Production.
- Document and administer new and existing processes and procedures
- Assist with Research and Development group on projects.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal environmental, safety, and health regulations; follow all established safety procedures and applicable regulations.
- All other duties that may apply.
Minimum Experience/Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Business or manufacturing degreepreferred (will consider comparable industry experience in lieu of education).
- 10+ years of manufacturing/production experience with 5+ years proven management experience in a manufacturing capacity, preferably within the printing industry.
- Basic MS Word and Excel skills; Foundation experience a plus.
- Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and/or quality control training preferred.
- Previous participation on a safety team and/or safety training is a plus.
- Ability to maintain an active physical presence on the production floor.
- Ability to work on all shifts with flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
10+ years of manufacturing/production experience with 5+ years proven management experience in a manufacturing capacity, preferably within the printing industry.