Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Manage one of NPD’s fastest growing commercial practices and work with leading Fortune 500 companies within the Toys industry. The President of the Toys Practice will be responsible for the strategic vision and direction of the business--building upon the strong growth in revenue, profits & client satisfaction that has characterized the business in recent years.
We’re seeking an accomplished professional with a strong track record of business development success driven by client focus, relationship building, and retailer/vendor collaboration. NPD is one of the leading market research providers in the world.
We provide global information and advisory services for a wide range of industries. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known and exciting companies in the world. You have demonstrated success in corporate and entrepreneurial environments through inspiring and decisive leadership.
You have an extensive list of client relationships built by translating analytical fact based insights and business performance into actionable recommendations. If you enjoy developing and executing on business strategies and working within an industry you’re passionate about, this job is for you!
This position is based in our Port Washington, NY headquarters.
- Overall responsibility for the strategic direction, revenue growth and contribution margin of the Toys Practice.
- Create and communicate the vision for the Toys Practice, its place in the competitive environment, and areas of leverage based on NPD’s strengths.
- Provide leadership to inspire the team to exceed goals and deliver strategic plans that position the Practice for success. Stimulate innovation by sharing insights from inside and outside NPD.
- Be a change agent, leading the effort to promote manufacturer and retailer collaboration through the use of NPD data.
- Create and maintain a dynamic environment to recruit, motivate, and retain a high performing team.
- Build strategic, senior, advisory relationships with key clients from with you can derive client and industry insights to advance NPD’s reputation, positioning and long-term growth.
- Function as a role model. Navigate the matrix organization by collaborating with cross-functional colleagues to leverage their expertise
- Foster a collaborative culture that promotes teamwork, creativity and efficiency within the Practice and across NPD.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 15+ years of experience within client service, sales and/or general management with either a market research company, and/or with a manufacturer or retailer. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated success building/growing a business.
- A strategic thinker capable of planning over a multi-year horizon. Able to generate/support creative ideas, visualize possibilities and effectively sell those ideas.
- Extensive experience in Category Management and/or retailer/vendor collaboration.
- Market Research background desirable.
- Deep understanding of how category point-of-sale scanner data and consumer panel data can be used to identify business building opportunities for clients.
- Ability to adopt a big picture perspective, but also knows when to dig into the details.
- Effectively defuses internal/external pressures to influence the team's productivity, efficiency and morale.
- Capable of influencing and persuading a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers; particularly effective in sensitive or high-pressure situations.
- Travel typically 25-35%.