The President of Texas Health Hospital Frisco (TH Frisco) will plan, direct, and coordinate the activities and functions of the hospital’s facilities through the administrative offices and the medical staff. He/she will promote a culture in line with THR’s Mission, Vision, and Values and actions in line with THR’s Promise Behaviors. The President will work to advance physician engagement and to promote effective employee, governance, and community relations. He/she will prioritize continual improvement in operational effectiveness and clinical and service excellence.
The executive management team for the TH Frisco hospital will consist of the hospital’s president, chief medical officer, chief nursing officer and chief financial officer. The President shall be appointed by the unanimous vote of the Board of Trustees. The President shall report to the Board of Trustees and shall have the authority and responsibility to manage and operate the Corporation in all of its activities. The Hospital President will hire and supervise the hospital’s chief medical officer, chief nursing officer and chief financial officer.
TH Frisco will be part of the THR North Zone and the president, chief medical officer, chief nursing officer and chief financial officer of TH Frisco will participate in THR officer meetings and councils attended by the management teams of other THR jointly-owned hospitals. The “THR North Zone” means the geographic area that includes and consists of the hospitals operated by THCDS, TH Allen, or TH Plano, and the other THR hospitals and facilities located within such geographic area as defined by THR
The President has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Participate and add value in establishing strategic zone priorities, goals and objectives. This leader will partner with zone leaders in the development, implementation and management of clinical, service and operational plans to address continuum and integration opportunities throughout the zone. Serve effectively on various THR zone councils and committees to increase and enhance intra-zone cooperation and advance system initiatives.
- Responsible to execute the operating direction / vision for the hospital in support of zone strategic and operating plans. Work with the hospital senior leadership team, medical staff leaders, THR Governance and THR zone and system leadership to implement and execute operational plans in order to achieve hospital, zone and system objectives.
- Promote clinical integration, improvement and alignment to advance patient outcomes while monitoring quality outcomes and maintaining continuous readiness for regulatory inspections. Instill a culture devoted to hardwiring safety initiatives and committed to achieving and sustaining clinical quality targets and reducing variation from standards of care within zone hospitals. Work collaboratively in an environment with system and matrixed reporting relationships for the achievement of nursing and quality initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the achievement of the hospital's goals in the area of satisfaction (patient, physician and employee), patient safety, clinical and non-clinical quality and operational performance. Responsible for pursuing and achieving the goals of specific zone initiatives.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive collaboration and working relationships with physician leaders. Advance physician engagement to implement agreed upon best practices and to reduce variation in care within the shared governance framework. Create a culture of physician support and confidence and collaboration with THR's mission, vision and zone strategies.
- Represent the hospital in the community through active participation and engagement. Establish and maintain relationships with business, civic and government entities to position the care continuum within the zone as an important component to the economic and medical health of the community within the zone. Be personally visible in the community through participation in various civic organizations and serve as a spoke person for the hospital. Actively support the philanthropic goals of the system with the hospital board and within the community in the zone.
- In conjunction with CNO and CMO implement strategic objectives for TH Frisco that may include service line growth in orthopedics, advanced services and heart/vascular, as well as continued expansion/renovation of the campus consistent with service line priorities including bringing new capital projects online/performing at planned levels (ICU, IR Suite, OR, Cath Lab).
- Develop innovative ideas/strategies that will strengthen TH Frisco’s position in their competitive market, and in conjunction with (Entity) triad, Zone, and corporate leadership prioritize and pursue appropriately.
- Strengthen TH Frisco’s triad leadership team’s collaboration and efficacy.
- Identify innovative strategies to maintain/grow TH Frisco’s engagement with physicians.
- Maintain/improve employee engagement while implementing cost saving/productivity initiatives.
Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This role requires the ability to solve problems, think outside-the-box, and be resourceful; must be result-oriented, a quick learner and self-starter. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to build THR's culture for action.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in Health Administration or other health related field, Management, or Business. Diplomat or Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively increasing, administrative and operationally intense experience with revenue generating responsibility. Prefer 3 years of experience as a hospital president or similar role. Experience in the pre/post-acute care settings is also preferred. Must have a knowledge and understanding of the issues facing the delivery of healthcare across the continuum of care services.
- A track record for developing strong, trusting, collaborative physician relations and an appreciation for and experience in partnering with and understanding the dynamics of a mixed model medical staff. Experience in managing physician and organizational conflict.
- An appreciation of the role of Information Technology in healthcare delivery, including its role in advancing the quality and safety of an organization and the importance of IT integration across numerous environments and settings.
- Proven track record leading group facilitation, leadership development, team building, performance management and driving cultural and other change management.
- Experience developing and implementing a continuous improvement culture with a strong familiarity of process improvement methodologies and systems that sustain an environment of quality and cost improvement.
- Track record of leading a profitable, well-regarded hospital within a highly-competitive market and sophisticated demographic.