If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for overseeing business development, product management, sales, marketing, setting product development directions and customer service for Franklin Controls Systems (FCS) product lines in assigned markets. Ensures the long-term growth and profitability through a strong portfolio of FCS products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development, Marketing, and Sales
* Sets goals for assigned staff to analyze, develop, and implement strategic sales strategies to achieve profitability.
* Provides the structure and staffing to ensure FCS provides expert, highly technical customer service, field technical advising, and training for customers to ensure they remain as customers. Develops and manages the strategies to create pull-through market demand for new and existing products.
* Sets growth goals for sales and earnings.
* Develops processes to improve profit margins.
* Strategically develops processes to sustain long-term growth.
* Manages the resources necessary to ensure a profitable portfolio of products, including analysis on competitiveness, budgets, customers, and the market.
* Manage the operations of product sold to FCS and other Franklin Electric water customers.
* Manages the system quality by implementing lean Six Sigma principles to reduce and eliminate waste.
* Leads the group during acquisitions of product lines.
Management and Administration
* Designs systems for multiple functions within the unit to work together to meet objectives and goals.
Evaluates the business unit's and the staff's performance on a regular basis.
* Collects and analyzes evaluation information that measures the success of the organization's program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information.
* Creates budgets and holds direct reports accountable for meeting revenue, expenses, and profitability goals.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
* Manages the performance of supervisory and non-supervisory direct report(s) to perform as a function and/or business unit, providing formal and informal feedback, progress reports, and budget and profitability updates.
* Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrates exceptional leadership and communication skills.
* Makes quick decisions.
* Uses solid networking skills and interacts with other people from the power and energy industries.
* Promotes a positive atmosphere and keeps track of the different departments of Franklin Electric.
* Effectively interacts with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
* Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business and personal information.
* Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Frequently makes decisions major importance, which may affect the work operations of Franklin Electric, other employees, and/or clientele to a major degree.
* Uses noncomplex office equipment and communication devices such as computers, Microsoft Office suite software, and mobile technology.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, finance, or a related field (required).
* Master's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field (preferred).
o Ten or more years of relevant experience (required).
o Five or more or years of vice president or executive-level experience (required).
* Basic: Microsoft Office Suite, mobile devices
* While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
* Continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
* Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, sit for long periods of time, and travel by car and airplane in the US and internationally.
* Occasionallyrequired to stand or walk.
o The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
o Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
* This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.