Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for more than 60 years. As a comprehensive acute healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Licensed for 488-beds, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties.
As Miami-Dade County’s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and affiliated with HCA East Florida Division. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God’s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The President serves as the chief executive officer of Mercy Hospital College of Nursing, a Program of Plantation General Hospital while simultaneously serving as the Dean of nursing academic programs at Mercy Hospital College of Nursing, a Program of Plantation General Hospital. The President reports directly to and is evaluated by the Board of Directors. The President reports indirectly to the CNO of Mercy Hospital, a Campus of Plantation General Hospital.
- Responsible for priorities and initiatives that advance the Board of Directors approved mission, goals, and priorities
- Oversees the organizational structure of the college that includes academic and administrative staff with credentials appropriate to their respective responsibilities.
- Responsible for the educational, administrative, and fiscal programs and services as well as for the planning, management, operation and evaluation of all aspects of the College
- Seek appropriate opportunities to promote and market the College, and its unique qualities/niche, in the community and the region via the media, public relations activities, and community activities
- Serve as financial aid administrator for the College
- Interprets and implements academic regulatory compliance along with the Associate Dean, with institutional and program accreditation, institutional licensure, and Board of Nursing approval
- Develop and implement strategies and/or directives as detailed in the strategic plan approved by the Board of Directors.
- Provide strategic and operational business and financial leadership in order to meet enrollment and retention objectives and maximize the effective and efficient use of resources.
Apply Online Now!!!
- Doctorate in Nursing from a regionally and nursing accredited school
- Administrative experience demonstrating the ability to lead an academic institution
- Must have 10 years of previous academic experience within Nursing College
- Previous Dean/President experiencepreferred
- Must have recent experience developing a curriculum
- Must have Academic Institution and program regulatory agency knowledge
- Must have current academic financial aid regulatory knowledge
- Ability to identify opportunities and to convert challenges into innovative solutions and programs that will advance the future of the College.
- Strong leadership skills in strategic planning and fiscal planning and management.