Highly profitable insurance carrier has retained The Carlisle Group seeking to hire a talented President & CEO. The client, A rated by A.M. Best, seeks a strong executive with significant operations experience. The organization has been in business for 141 years, and the Board of Directors is seeking an executive who will continue their strong history of providing exceptional service to their policyholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, communicate, and implement Company?s strategic plan.
- Lead daily operations and personnel including planning, organizational structure, investments, audit, procedures, and quality control. Review and approve renewal policies ? monthly. Oversee claims activity and approves disbursements above claims managers authority. Approve all invoices and bills for the operations. Approve bank reconciliations - monthly.
- Ensure adequate flow of information internally through weekly staff meetings.
- Regulatory communications, rate filings, and implementation.
- Carry out investment policy strategy and decisions on purchase or sale of securities.
- Negotiate reinsurance program terms and conditions with reinsurance companies.
- Reviews reports and approve the appointments or termination of agencies and brokers.
- Act as trustee for the 401k plan. Administer Health Insurance Plan.
- Effectively manage facility, systems, and office equipment resources.
- Oversee the underwriting department and approve/decline risks falling outside the underwriters? authority.
- Approve rates and forms to be filed with NYS DFS.
- Be well versed on insurance industry and local competitor developments through participation in the New York Insurance Association, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies and the Finger Lakes Insurance Council.
- Manage annual communications with AM Best to provide accurate information in order to maintain a positive relationship.
- Assist Chairman of the Board with preparation of agenda and meeting of the Board of Directors and Board Committees.
- Maintain appropriate level of communication with the Board of Directors.
- Communicate effectively with agents and brokers.
Successful candidates will have:
- Senior level experience (10+ years) in a Property & Casualty Insurance.
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Experience with specific knowledge of Insurance Law and Regulatory requirements is desired.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader of ?multi-functional? operations that must include the following functions: finance, accounting, human resources, marketing, information systems, reinsurance, and underwriting.
- A Bachelors Degree along with appropriate certification such as CPCU, ARM, AIC from recognized insurance education institutes is desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels ?internally and externally.
- Demonstrated experience with external auditors.
- Strong understanding of investment principles and practices.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Fundamental knowledge of social media and cyber-security issues.