Job Posting – President and CEO
The Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies, Inc. seeks a collaborative and strategic President & CEO to replace our incumbent who is leaving due to a planned retirement. We are a premier network that strengthens individuals, families, and the communities in which they live through coordinated service delivery, advocacy, leadership, collaboration, information and support services. Our vision is to increase availability and access to high quality services for Connecticut’s children, families and communities and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of human service delivery.
Reporting to the Board of Directors (BOD), the President and CEO is responsible for achieving the organization’s mission by overseeing the implementation of all aspects of the Strategic Plan including Direct Service Delivery, New Business Development and Fundraising, Advocacy and Public Policy, Communications and Public Relations, Board Development, Member-Agency Capacity Building, and General Administration.
The President & CEO provides strong leadership, oversight and an entrepreneurial spirit to the entire organization. The President & CEO represents the organization to the community, donors, funders, supporters, and the general public.
The selected candidate will be responsible for all internal operations and external relationships articulating the compelling mission and vision to all stakeholders and will execute the organization’s vision, put procedures and resources in place to promote scaling, optimize inefficient areas in the organization and drive the strategic plan.
The successful candidate must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in social work, nonprofit management, public administration, population health, or the equivalent experience. Master’s level degree strongly preferred.
· Ten (10) years of progressive managerial experience in health and human service organizations and/or trade associations with increasing degrees of responsibility including roles in Senior Management.
· Entrepreneurial and visionary perspective with proven business acumen evidenced by previous successful business development.
· Experienced transformational leader who is committed to affecting change to support the Mission and Vision of the organization.
· Demonstrative ability to be an innovative, visionary leader who has the experience, self-awareness, commitment to diversity, and ability to communicate with people from various social and economic backgrounds in a clear, concise and confident manner across a broad range of audiences.
· Proven track record of demonstrating strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire people to action through their influence.
· Demonstrated proficiency at writing and editing grants and managing major funding campaigns.
· Excellent partnership skills and ability to work with private and public sectors. Ability to Advocate/Lobby and build/maintain valuable relationships.
· Integrity – demonstrates honesty and strong values through consistent action. Diplomatic and Consensus-Builder.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive fringe benefits package including health care and a retirement program.
Thank you for your interest. Due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacts.
Valid through: 6/1/2021