*We are working with an outside search firm B. E. Smith and your information will be shared with them.
JOB SUMMARY: The President/CEO is responsible for maintaining and promoting an environment which enables Avera Health to fulfill its mission as part of the health ministries of the Benedictine and Presentation Sisters. In carrying out his/her responsibilities, the President/CEO shall affirm, guard and promote Avera Health's stated Values and operate its facilities under the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services. The President/CEO shall see that the Presentation Sisters' and Benedictine Sisters' health ministry is carried on in collaboration with the other sponsored ministries of PBVM and OSB.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, developing, training, and retaining staff directly reporting to the President/CEO; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance annually; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience at a senior leadership level in the healthcare field and experience as a senior leader within a faith-based health system are required.
· A graduate degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or comparable degree is preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with a track record of success in mission-based organizations which have strong commitments to patient/member/customer service.
· Working knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic health ministry.
· Well-established philanthropy experience and skills, with a personal track record of interacting regularly and effectively with donors at the local, state and regional levels as well as government granting offices and private grant-making organizations.
· Knowledge about trends and practices in healthcare finance (present, past and future), and an understanding of the fundamentals of health care economics, including understanding changing reimbursement models.
· Demonstrated competence in communication, interpersonal relations and leading courageously.
· Demonstrated qualities of honesty, integrity, and a sense of justice and sound moral character.
· Actively practicing within his/her own personal faith.
· Is willing to travel.