Position Title: President & CEO
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Position Summary: The President & CEO is responsible for ensuring highly satisfied Owner Members and managing key customer relationships across all divisions. They are responsible for the company's financial performance and company culture. The person will build, manage and develop the team. They will support the Board and partner with them on business strategy.
- Partner with the Board on business strategy, budgeting and compliance with the company's Operating Agreement.
- Ensure that the Board has all necessary information necessary to make timely decisions. This includes financial (sales, profitability, cash flow, etc.) and operational data (customer satisfaction) to evaluate the health of the company.
- Assist the Board Chairman in facilitating the Board, Committees and Advisory Councils (in connection with supplyFORCE's administration of the Coordinated Supply Programs and to enhance the quality and desirability of such Programs) consistent with the governance structure and policies of the company.
- Ensure appropriate business models for each Owner Member business segment.
- Manage relationships with, communications to, and engagement of Owner Members.
- Drive the company to achieve strategic business goals/objectives.
- Drive measurable cost efficiency, process improvement, and operational excellence leveraging technology as appropriate.
- Create annual business/operating plans that include things like growth areas and plans to achieve financial targets, budget, new business development opportunities, etc.
- Develop and report on metrics that would objectively measure whether or not the business is meeting the ROI needs of (i.e., driving value for) Owner Members.
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
- Build, retain and motivate a team of success-oriented, high performing individuals. Measure success and hold the team accountable for results.
- Collaborate with the Senior Management Team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and human resources to accommodate the objectives of the company.
- Professionally represent the organization with Owner Members, manufacturers, and other business partners.
- Advocate and problem solve for Owner Members to facilitate, protect and grow successful business relationships.
- Work with internal departments to schedule and hold annual meeting that meets the needs of the Owner Members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Prior experience as a C-suite leader who has interacted with a Board is required.
- Experience leading the development and execution of business plans. A demonstrable and consistent record of achieving defined business goals.
- Prior experience building, managing and developing a team and creating and driving an organizational culture is required.
- Prior reputation as a team-oriented leader/player will be a priority.
- Sales, marketing and/or operational background is preferred.
- An understanding of wholesale distribution is important, so distribution or related industry experience is preferred.
- Prior experience selling to a manufacturer and familiarity with national accounts is preferred.
- A combination of large company and small company career experience is desirable. Will have the organizational skills and training from a large company, but be able to operate in an entrepreneurial environment where there is less staff support.
- An experienced business traveler who is comfortable and effective working on the road. 50% travel is anticipated.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred by not required. The candidate's formal education and degree is secondary to their work experience.
- Tactful and diplomatic professional with unquestionable integrity and personal values. Behaves in a way that earns and maintains the trust, respect, and support of others. Strong interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners. Good relationship builder. Is direct yet diplomatic. Is strong at focused listening and has a good sense of timing.
- A hands-on, result-oriented, "self-starting" professional with a structured, process-driven, and pragmatic approach.
- Drive, hunger, and a "winner's mentality", combined with a sense of humor and genuine interest in people.
- Strong strategic thinker and "general manager mindset"; capable of translating business objectives into tactical action plans and milestones. Defines ambitious goals and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results; manages projects, activities, resources effectively.
- Decisive and not afraid to make tough calls. Faces reality and deals with problems when they arise. Finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all. Bias for action; sense of urgency.
- Personable, energetic and motivational leader.
- A collaborative, yet persuasive leadership style. Demonstrates an understanding of the significance of buy in, collaboration and winning constituency support. Consultative style. Not defensive. Open/transparent, candid and inclusive. Can disagree but in a diplomatic/positive way.
- Demonstrates knowledge about how organizations work (culture, policies, practices and procedures) in both our own company and others. Knows how to get things done through both formal channels and the informal network. Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done effectively and efficiently.
- An engaging and polished communicator. Excellent presentation and communication skills. Is effective in a variety of presentation settings: one-on-one, large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses. Effectively conveys messages, inside and outside the organization. Commands attention and manages group process during a presentation or meeting.
- Hires or recruits the right people, from inside and outside the company, for the right position. Assembles people into effective teams when needed. Creates strong morale and spirit in their team. Ability to motivate direct and indirect staff with diverse backgrounds.