DELTA WESTERN PETROLEUM
Delta Western is the leading independent distributor of petroleum products and lubricants in Alaska. It is a part of the Saltchuk family of companies. From the Bering Sea to Barrow (I?upiaq name, Utqia?vik), Anchorage to Aniak and dozens of communities across the Last Frontier, Saltchuk companies connect the roads, waterways and runways of Alaska ? providing fuel, cargo and other essential services throughout the state of Alaska. Saltchuk collectively is one of Alaska's largest private employers with more than 1,000 employees and their families calling Alaska home. Saltchuk was named the World's Most Ethical Company in 2014.
Saltchuk companies are grounded in trust and managed for the long-term. Every employee and every customer is valued as an integral branch of the family tree. Saltchuk stands for integrity and commitment to the communities it serves. Delta Western (deltawestern.com) is a company within Saltchuk's Northstar Energy group (the parent company of the petroleum division of Saltchuk). Northstar's long-term mission is to be the way-finder of the right fuel solution for its customers and to lead the way in energy innovation. Delta Western, Hawaii Petroleum, and Northern Oilfield Services, Inc. are the constellation of companies that make up the Northstar Energy Group. Together they share Saltchuk's common family business heritage and value system.
THE PRESIDENT POSITION
The President should be self-motivated, results-oriented, and possess excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a dynamic market place leading men and women who exemplify courage, cohesion, and commitment to serving customers in Alaska's most extreme environmental conditions. The successful candidate will have day-to-day operational responsibility for Delta Western with hands on leadership for all aspects of all operations including safety, business development, customer relations, finance, sales, and service delivery. The position reports to the President and CEO, North Star Petroleum.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this "hands-on" position include performing the following personally or through the company's managers and employees.
- Ensures best in class delivery in the areas of Safety, Compliance, and Environmental Stewardship.
- Recruits and retains top talent; creates a performance, results-oriented culture.
- Develops and oversees implementation of strategic plans and budgets.
- Advances Delta Western's mission and objectives by driving revenue, profitability and growth. Plans, directs, and oversees all aspects of Delta Western's day-to-day operations in order to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Ensures efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
- Creates a culture of operational best practices and continuous improvement.
- Ensures supply and hedging functions maximize profitability within established risk parameters.
- Develops policies in conjunction with Northstar and Delta Western finance teams to ensure rigorous accountability and stability around capital projects.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase collaboration with sister companies and finds ways to contribute to the success of the organization as a whole.
- Motivates and leads an established, high performance executive team.
- Establishes strong rapport with team members, supporting practices that drive employee engagement and productivity.
- Represents the company with clients, business partners, and to local, regional, and national constituencies.
- Nurtures and enhances relationships with current and potential customers, builds trust and establishes rapport.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned to support the organization's goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor degree and have five or more years of senior leadership experience in the petroleum industry with broad and deep operational and distributionexperience. An MBA is highly desirable. The candidate must demonstrate a track record of execution in the position description's requisites. He/she must be a strategic and creative thinker with an entrepreneurial and start-up mind-set. Demonstrated financial and analytical skills are a must. Superior talent management and team building skills are critical with a track record of collaboration, building successful teams, growing organizations, open and transparent communications, business origination, and customer engagement. Exemplary negotiation and people skills are essential. The candidate must be of impeccable character and integrity with an outstanding reputation and a sustained network of energy sector and commercial business relationships in Alaska. He/she must travel frequently throughout Alaska and pro-actively interact and communicate with a diverse customer, employee, and supplier network. Alignment with Saltchuk's ethical standards and practices and value system is paramount.
LOCATION & Timing
The successful candidatemustreside in Anchorage, Alaska, home of Delta Western's Alaska headquarters. This position is available immediately.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with the responsibility and significance of this position will be offered to the successful candidate.