The Sales team at Fortinet is looking for a PreSales Security Expert to work closely with a sales representative in a defined territory. The PreSales Security Expert's main mission will be to support the sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, customer POC's (proof of concepts) and post-sales. There will be a strong focus towards mid-market and Enterprise accounts in the designated region.
• Pre-sales - assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
• Sales calls - be the main technical resource on sales calls and answer/ educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration.
• Conversant with networking applications and solutions.
• Post-sales - be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues and will work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, elevate and resolve customer's technical issues.
• Provide assistance to identified customers with post-sales training.
• Regularly interface, provides presales support and assist in training Fortinet Channel partners in your region.
• Presenting at events, seminars, customer and partner meetings
• Flexible to travel. Travel will primarily be within the SE's designated region, but may also include occasional travel to other regions.
• 3 – 8 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a pre-sales or security expert
• 5 - 7 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
• Ability to design network and security solutions, effectively utilize Visio, ability to create BOMs (Bill of Materials)
• Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Stateful Firewalling, NGFW, Firewall policies, Identity based policies, NAT, IPS, AntiMalware, Botnet, Application Control, DDoS, Web Filtering
• Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, supernetting and subnetting, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, RADIUS, LDAP, Active Directory, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, SSL Decryption, SSL VPN, IPSEC, NAT, Stateful Firewall, Firewall Policies, 802.1Q, VLANs, LACP, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, SHA512, 3DES, AES
• Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills desired
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong communication and writing skills. Previous experience on responding to RFP's is beneficial.
• White board skills are beneficial.
• Technical knowledge in Wifi, Load Balancing and Application Delivery, Ethernet Switching, ACI, API, Two Factor Auth, Malware Sandboxes, Mail Gateways, Web Application Firewalling, Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc), SDN, NFV, Virtualization, Centralized Management, SIEM, and Data Center redundancy APIs, Python, Openstack are considered assets.
• Previous Vendor or Reseller experience is an asset.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience