Commercial & SLED Presales Engineer ? Award-winning Technology Solutions Provider
(Des Moines, IA, or Omaha, NE, and TX)
Award-winning full-cycle Technology Solution Provider (TSP) seeks Presales Engineer to join its thriving presales/sales team.
In business for 20+ years, this $500M TSP has won numerous (current) awards from entities such as CRN, Inc5000 and many others including a plethora of vendor/partner awards. They continue to grow at > 20% YOY.
Company provides technology solutions to Fed, Edu and commercial customers. They provide infrastructure, security, business continuity, data/storage, enterprise IT and staff augmentation solutions through their staff and vast technology partners. They are a one-stop shop to their customers.
Company has a vast array of customers, contract vehicles and contracts in place, and an amazing culture with work/life balance being paramount.
Locations:(2 remote positions)
1) Des Moines, IA or Omaha, NE, &
- Continuing Education- On-going training and certifications, partner technology and 3rdparty
- Midwest based-company (work ethic, smart, fair and reasonable)
- Amazing people and culture, true work/life balance (family oriented), work hard play hard
- High retention rate ? people love their job/company and don't leave
- Industry leader backed by many awards every year
- Huge, strong and broad partner channelportfolio
- Very mature resource teams: engineering and support, marketing, partner, sales readiness, data and research
- Freedom, feeling like working at a start-up-but with proven successful business you get to be part of, helping build and grow, given independence, respect and trust. Ability to feel like you're building something, controlling your future?you don't get lost in the fray.
- Full comprehensive benefits: medical/health, 401k, PTO, etc.
The Presales Engineer? Commercial & SLED should possess a strong aptitude and understanding of a wide breadth of information technology, products, tools, and solutions. The Systems Engineer should at least have familiarity with the following hardware technologies:
- Servers & HCI ? Dell PowerEdge, VxRail, VMware, vSAN, HPE ProLiant, Synergy, Cisco UCS, Hyperflex
- Virtualization ? VMware, vSphere, vRealize, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, RHEL, High-Availability, Business-Continuity Strategies
- Storage- Dell EMC Data Protection Suite, Unity, VNX, Compellent, NetAppFiler, iSCSI, NFS, Fiber Channel, FCOE, Mitrends assessments
- Data Center Networking ? Cisco Nexus, MDS, Dell S Series, HPE Flex
- > 5 years' experience and success in a presales, solutions engineer or related role
- Knowledge of Commercial/SLED space
- "Jack of all trades"
- Keen ability to understand customers' problem set
- Provide a lot of face time to customer, to understand requirements and offer proper solutions, sometimes lower budget solutions
- Focused on enterprise solutions (storage, server, networking, datacenter)
- Dell EMC focused on data protection and hyperconverged solutions and also traditional servers and storage
- Focus on IT modernization with customer ? biz decisions, problems, etc?not just technical speeds and feeds
- Independent, biz savvy, drives business, gets the technical win
- Drive relationships with vendor/peers, know that everything they're doing is for purpose of extracting customer requirements/issues and providing proper solutions.
- Hyper customer focused!
- Ability to find opportunities in customer accounts and take them to sales partners
$100k-$150k base/$130k-$180k+ OTE (based on experience/fit/success)