Presales Engineer, Industrial
Presales Engineer, Industrial
San Francisco, Full-time
Unity is recruiting an experienced presales engineer to partner with our Americas business development team to drive new partnerships in our strategic verticals. As a key member of the Americas business development team, you will be on the front lines with our key customers to help design comprehensive technical solutions that meet their critical business requirements. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our highest-profile customer productions and collaborate with Unity engineering teams to advocate for the customer.
We aren’t looking for someone that meets expectations; we want someone that exceeds them. We look for people that can approach any challenge with diplomacy, remain cool under pressure and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude.Ideally, you will have a background in software development, along with experience in simulation and visualization development on multiple platforms. Your role will involve meeting clients, providing support, and giving technical demonstrations on the Unity product portfolio. This role is located at our Headquarters in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
- Build relationships with technical decision makers, positioning Unity as the key thought leader in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC), Aerospace and Defense, Medical, Transportation and XR industries thus becoming the trusted advisor
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Unity product portfolio (Unity, Services, Source Code, etc.) for simulation and visualization development
- Consult in-depth with developers who are planning or already using Unity
- Design, build, and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
- Position yourself as a go to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater business development team
- Support business development partners with technical consultations pre and post sale
- Actively seek field based innovations that will take our customers projects to the next level
- Provide product development recommendations and technical data to Unity’s product development teams as a strong internal advocate for our customers
- Minimum 5 years in a customer facing, pre sales role
- Demonstrated track record of customer centric service, consistent on time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team first approach
- Experience in simulation / visualization programming and development process, have worked on at least one large project
- Experience using Unity or other development engine in either a production or solutions capacity with solid C++ and C# skills
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in graphics, rendering, and shaders a plus but not required
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field / equivalent applicable experience
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.