The Prepress Production Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the Prepress department by providing adequate resources, on-going work direction and problem solving to ensure that quality, quantity and integrity of the department's product and services meet and/or exceed internal and external customer requirements. Further, this position is accountable for quality, productivity, performance standards, safety and cost control measures within the Prepress department at the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Manages the Prepress department's operations. Prioritizes, schedules and delegates work assignments and determines outsourcing needs. Directly manages the department to ensure department and organizational goals are achieved.
- Provides leadership, training, and coaching and assists employees in problem solving to ensure understanding and attainment of SQP goals to achieve business objectives.
- Maintains adequate supplies for the operation of the department, coordinating additional purchases with the appropriate internal individuals.
- Researches and recommends changes in department production methods or processes, new products and equipment purchases to improve productivity, quality and reduce costs.
- Communicates and coordinates with other management and production personnel on all questions regarding production, quality control, scheduling and maintenance.
- Ensures integrity of art from customer supplied files through plating to ensure company production and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensures company production and quality standards are maintained throughout all processes by ensuring the scheduling and supply of proofs and plates that meet quality and time standards.
- Analyzes Prepress operations and directs and facilitates improvements in production and quality. Monitors and implements improvements to minimize waste.
- Communicates with all necessary internal and external customers to obtain customer satisfaction and communicates detailed instructions to Prepress employees regarding special instructions, adjustments and internal/external customer requirements.
- Communicates new or revised production guidelines through employee meetings; gathers input on improving workflow and shares ideas on best practices when applicable.
- Manages and maintains digital files to ensure file organization and structure.
- Assure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, and support Inland's health and safety programs.
* Conduct safety investigations as needed
* Perform 5S audits/safety training
* Responsible for developing and monitoring standard work and quality standards
* Perform process audits and quality audits
- Assures that all equipment is kept in proper operating condition, that regular cleaning and maintenance is performed and that maintenance records are maintained.
- Performs any Prepress Technician job duties, when needed.
- Develops and follows department's Process Maps, Standard Operating Procedures and Checklists and assists in preparing and updating job descriptions within the Prepress department.
Essential skills and experience:
- Associates degree in Graphic Arts, Printing and Publishing or a related field
- 5 years work experience in a manufacturing setting
- Proficient in PC and Macintosh environments
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and ArtPro.
- Proficient in Esko Automation Engine and Imaging Engine workflows
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and Powerpoint
- Experience with color management methodology and technology
- Prior experience in the packaging and/or printing industry
- Detail-oriented with an ability to manage throughput, prioritize work and minimize production downtime
- Strategic thinker – creating short-term marketing tactics that support long-term strategies and vision
- Strong business acumen
- Logical and conceptual thinking skills to correlate job specifications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-3 years of customer services experience
- Must be analytical, innovative and decisive
- Ability to speak to both technical and non-technical audiences across a variety of settings (on-site meetings, trade shows, video conferences, etc.)
- Ability to develop productive relationships and communicate effectively with management, peers, plant personnel, suppliers and customers
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to lead and work in cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Print Production, Business or related field.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Previous experience overseeing multiple employees (up to 3 shifts)
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, employees, managers, and executives.
Required Work Schedule:
- Typically works standard business hours
- Must be flexible for occasional meetings and responsibilities outside of standard business hours including weekends
- Travel and overnight trips are may be required
Must meet physical requirements identified in work screen protocol; visual acuity corrected to 20/40; must pass Ishihara Color Assessment and receive a minimum of average/normal color vision score on the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hues and D-15.
Rate: Very Competitive base + Benefits. Negotiable based on experience.
*** IF THIS IS NOT A FIT FOR YOU I HAVE OTHER DIRECT HIRE OPENINGS THAT WE CAN DISCUSS***