$80K — $100K *
Responsible for the daily management of unit activities including staff supervision and development, planning, budget, quality and facility operations and coordinating patient services to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes. Level is determined by: - Size of Budget for Salaries/Supplies - Number of FTE's - Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - Complexity of services offered is areas supervised - multiple services, multiple units - Specialty Training is required to manage services
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing; OR, - Must obtain a Bachelor's degree within three years of placement in job. - Prefer Master's degree in Nursing.
- Must have four years of professional nursing experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) by November 1, 2014 or obtain within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be capable of serving as a clinical resource for staff.
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of assigned department operations including policies, personnel and budget management.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, nursing staff, management and administration.
- Must be capable of leadership and have effective organization skills.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Valid through: 1/29/2021
$120K — $140K + $8K bonus
8 days ago