Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our Public Sector Government customers and offer an opportunity for you to do the same.
The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interests are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States.
The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers’ objectives through Microsoft products.
Microsoft is seeking standard and senior level Premier Field Engineers (PFE) specializing in one or more of the Microsoft Secure solutions. These solutions include Identity and Access Management, Information Protection, Threat Protection, and Security Management.
You will partner with the Account Delivery team and other members of the Services Organization to engage Technology Decision Makers striving to understand their challenges and creatively achieve their greatest objectives.
This is a customer facing role that draws upon all resources at Microsoft to educate, operate and assess on the use of Microsoft technologies. PFEs act as the primary technical contact, providing advisory services and advanced technical troubleshooting and problem resolution, including issues raised to the highest levels of management.
They manage elevated issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
These support services delivered either remotely or on premises include:
- Proactive Services: Services which promote customer health through Risk Assessments, Health Checks, Code Reviews, or other similar offerings.
- Reactive and 24x7 Critical Situations support: Reactive services which address the most critical customer issues.
- Dedicated Support: Engagements that strengthen customer relationships and IT infrastructure & application effectiveness through dedicated support delivery.
- Ad hoc Services: Short and time limited engagements focused towards customer specific issue remediation or support (e.g. Chalk Talks).
- Workshops and Trainings: Technical training which address customer knowledge transfer needs helping customer to consume Microsoft products and services.
- A minimum of five years of technical proficiency managing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server, Windows desktop, Identity or System Center products
- A minimum of two or more years of Practical, hands-on experience in investigating interactive computer network exploitation cases, ideally in performing incident response.
- Excellent understanding of Windows internals and where trace evidence can be found.
- Experience with Networking, Firewalls, and Multifactor Authentication such as smartcards.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory / Active Directory Federation Services / Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
- Experience with Power Shell scripting and automation.
- Excellent knowledge of protocols including use of problem-solving tools, scripting, diagnostic tools, and log analysis.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and technical writing skills.
- Strong understanding of security updates, third party patches and vulnerability remediation tools and procedures.
- Solid understanding of common exploitation tools, tactics and procedures.
- Familiarity with determined adversaries and how malicious software persists on victim systems.
- Experience with IPsec, PKI, and LDAP.
- Familiarity with determined adversaries' techniques and how malicious software persists on victim systems.
- Experience with Security Identity Services, auditing and credential theft mitigation practices.
- Supportability and optimization assistance across the MS Secure Framework
- Identity: Provide protection at the front door, simplify access to devices and apps, stay safe in the cloud
- Information Protection: Customize information protections policies, accelerate your path to compliance, automatically protect your sensitive data, understand how users access data files and software as a service (SaaS) apps
- Threat Protection: Built-in, not bolted on, Protect your organization, Detect threats with intelligence, Rapidly respond
- Security Management: Understand your security posture, Implement consistent security controls, Harden your security posture with intelligence
Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience.