First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business.
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The PBO Manager position is responsible for ensuring the success of the branch through excellent Sales, Business Development, Customer Service, Branch Operations and Management of staff. This position provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Audits input and maintenance of all branch transactions according to branch policies and procedures
- Ensures branch balances daily
- Works with Compliance department to ensure compliance with FRB’s policies and procedures
- Participates in weekly Asset/Liability meetings
- Proactively reviews operating procedures and practices in order to identify possible deficiencies and improve efficiency
- Works with the Marketing department to ensure successful advertisement and implementation of new and existing bank products
- Works with Risk Management, Facilities and Deposit Operations to ensure the safety and security of branch premises, property and assets (including cash on hand, ATM machines, alarms, etc.) and to implement loss prevention measures.
- Works with Facilities and Human Resources to provide a safe and healthy work environment (i.e., equip branch with first aid items, ergonomic support, Workers’
- Compensation and Employee Assistance Program referrals, etc.).
- Responsible for managing the P & L of the branch
- Manages ATM and kiosk ATM installation and implementation as needed
- Travels as necessary to attend meetings, training sessions, client events, etc.
Sales, Business Development & Customer Service
- Establishes a Total Banking Relationship (both business and personal) by cross-selling: direct deposit, internet banking, overdraft protection, multiple deposit products, Investment and Trust Services.
- Accountable for the branch's productivity, deposit growth, customer retention and new referrals
- Accountable for delivering strong individual sales performance, including conducting outside sales efforts
- Utilizes all available resources to provide the best solution to ultimately enrich and create a memorable customer experience
- Understands customer needs to refer them to Relationship Managers, Preferred Bankers, and Trust Officers
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with customers to ensure repeat and referral business and minimize customer attrition
- Proactively seeks ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to build book of business and contribute towards meeting individual and branch sales goals
- Actively participates and develops branch sales promotions
- Accountable for leading a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed sales goals and customer satisfaction goals
- Fosters a team environment in which all employees can perform to their full potential
- Supervises and coaches teams on professionalism, sales techniques, service expectations and compliance guidelines
- Ensures teamwork, cooperation and respect among branch office
- Leads the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of branch staff, provides recommendations to bonus payments and other compensation actions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Ideal candidate should have:
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years proven relationship bankingexperience
- 3+ years proven supervisory experience
- Successful and proven sales track record
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and ownership
- Possess an enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Ability to coach and mentor branch staff to perform above job performance
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Computer skills