The Predictive Analytics Specialist for Machine Products Engineering (MPE) is a mid-to-senior level engineering position applicable to any discipline but with focus on New Product Development and Configuration. This role is responsible for a narrow segment of the MPE business and has expertise in that area of specialization. Further, the specialist must be able to accurately and effectively pursue impacted suppliers and customers of their specialty regardless of business process and area of the business. These engineers must be highly energized, confident, and able to leverage rationality, reciprocity, and persuasion to achieve their objectives.
- Select hardware for data acquisition and analysis
- Select sensors and implement/specify interface and data collection paradigms
- Select hardware for industrial IOT (internet of things) communication
- Plan and manage ‘Big Data’ systems
- Apply Functional Analysis System Technique (FAST) for machine behavior monitoring.
- Model failure modes including estimation of remaining component life.
- Develop fault-monitoring architecture based on sensor inputs
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, define and implement solutions that prevent recurrence of the problem.
- Interpret a wide variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Comprehend and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to specific audiences while using good judgement regarding appropriateness of communications.
- Detail oriented with the ability to communicate directly with upper management and Gleason Sales and Service organizations around the world.
- Ability to publish technical documents of tests or analysis and guiding resolution of technical issues on Gleason machines.
- Participate in engineering teams and contribute ideas, even when not directly addressed for input, summarize results and derive action plans, next steps and schedule; initiate resolution conflict, use good judgement when it is necessary to include leadership in conflict resolution.
- Ability and willingness to train, mentor and advise less senior engineers.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and deliver results; ability to manage schedule and deliverables of own tasks as well as others.
- Effectively use software application tools for communication, data analysis or other daily work tasks.
- Create, document and manage projects through a milestone based process; comprehension of critical path management.
- Experience with prognostic toolkits
- Ability to understand electro-mechanical systems, develop failure mode insights, and guide on-machine experimentation and measurements
- Expert user of Matlab / Simulink or other simulation and modeling packages
- Ability to read & understand machine control electrical prints (NFPA/IEC)
- Practical experience with systems and controls including data acquisition and sensors
- Familiarity with CNCs (Fanuc, Siemens), PLCs, robots, sensors, device networking, vision technologies
- Ability to draft and communicate system specifications across disciplines
- Ability to validate test data against specification
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field (i.e. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science)
- 10+ years of relevant experience.