$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Preconstruction Project Manager provides leadership and guidance to the Preconstruction team and assumes overall responsibility for the Preconstruction effort. Ensures estimates, schedules, constructability reviews, value engineering efforts, cost report planning and purchase planning efforts and documents are prepared as scheduled and to the levels of quality, safety and detail required. Prepares estimates at all design stages (Conceptual through Construction Documents) on large complex CM/GC work. Interfaces with owner, A/E's and subcontractors to resolve technical matters during design or pre-bid and provides engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
• Professionally represent GH Phipps and support Company strategic initiatives
• Assume overall responsibility for preconstruction stage of each project and primary responsibility for large, complex projects
• Identify tasks to be accomplished in order to satisfy contractual requirements
• Oversee Preconstruction efforts and effectively lead project team and foster solutions
• Prepare estimates for all stages of design from Conceptual through Final Construction Documents (Design/Build, Guaranteed Maximum Price, and Hard Bid diversity).
• Organize department so each estimator involved knows responsibilities and deadlines
• Effectively schedule Preconstruction efforts including estimate milestones, durations; Identify long lead items and other needs.
• Perform value engineering and life-cycle costing
• Participate with Project Manager in award of all subcontracts and write all subcontracts before turning over to construction team.
• Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with all business partners including owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors
• Mentor junior estimators all aspects of preconstruction process
• Effectively complete both large CM/GC projects and large, complex competitive bid projects
• Demonstrate exceptional presentation and sales skills while assisting and serving on RFP/Interview teams
• Perform other duties as directed or assigned
• B.S. degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field
• Ten (10) years CM/GC experience
• Experience with large projects in medical, educational and technology sectors preferred
• Strong background in large-scale and campus-wide construction programs ($20 million plus)
• Verifiable work references demonstrating exceptional accomplishments, leadership and communication skills
• Successful completion of post-offer background & drug screens.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14