Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Responsible for conceptual, schematic, design development estimates, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMPs), and Lump Sum bidding.
- Collaborate with Operations on the Project Schedule, Logistics, Safety, Constructability Reviews (CRs), general conditions (GCs) and General Requirements.
- Review and approve Assumptions and Clarifications (A&Cs).
- Foster and enhance client, developer, architect, engineer and subcontractor relationships.
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, scheduling, and purchasing functions as they relate to the preconstruction phase of project.
- Lead, develop and manage preconstruction staff, including completing performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and monitor the preconstructionbudget for the project, with a focus on preconstruction recoveries, and provide financial updates monthly or as frequently as necessary.
- Conduct preconstruction Operation Review Meetings (ORMs).
- Participate in meetings with the owner, architect, and engineer including being available to review all aspects of the project and its budget and provide advice and counsel as needed.
- Ensure that appropriate Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) processes are established and maintained for the project.
- Review all drawings and specifications and bring any issues to the attention of the architect.
- In collaboration with Operations, look for opportunities to drive improvement within the process by using Lean, Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and any other process enhancements.
- May have overall responsibility for Purchasing, Estimating and/or Logistics.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least two years of formal engineering or architectural training, and at least 12years of building constructionexperiencerequired, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience. Experience with a variety of building construction types is desirable. Knowledge of accountingKnowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures; and a general understanding of the operation of various building systems. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Knowledge of Turner’s Project Management and scheduling software desirable. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods. Very strong verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.