We are seeking a Space Planner/ Interior Designer to provide a high level of coordination and technical services for the development of renovation and new construction projects. The successful candidate will lead day-to-day client and stakeholder engagement and develop associated planning documentation and feasibility design for higher education facilities consistent with the University’s commitment to design and quality.
- Makes recommendations to integrate into master plan, strategic plan and facilities planning. Performs needs assessments for determining facilities, land use and space requirements; develops space utilization recommendations and solutions to unique project planning, engineering and administrative problems as needed.
- Ensure that all necessary resources, both field and office based, are efficiently utilized for: estimates, value engineering sessions, constructability and coordination reviews, schedules, project buyout, early procurement, permitting and planning requirements to ensure a seamless transition into the construction phase
- Assists with developing capital budget requests for facilities related to renovation, deferred maintenance and new construction projects.
- Acts as a liaison with University offices, officials and personnel regarding details of project requirements; works with users and management to obtain information and develop an understanding of needs.
- Responds to various requests for reports and documentation concerning the functional use of facilities and space to assist University in short and long range planning.
- Schedule and facilitate all constructability review in conjunction with appropriate Operations personnel
- Conducts impact or space utilization studies for campus clients.
- Establishes and implements methods, systems and procedures to systematically collect, update and measure data integrity related to project planning, design and construction of facilities.
- Manages data and construction documents including campus space standards, drawings, specifications, campus maps, off campus leases, records and correspondence
- Prepares plans for Master Plan of physical facilities which identify major land uses, building sites, location of utilities, flood control, parking and transportation, open and recreational spaces, community and residential impact.
- A Bachelor's from an accredited program and/or equivalent combination of education and A degree in Architecture, Urban Design or Interior Design and licensure is preferred
- 8 -10 years of Higher Education and Campus experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Windows products, including use of GIS and CAD.