Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe and Boston Business Journal consecutive years running, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and “thinking great” for our continual growth and success. Most importantly we are thankful for our employees and proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of the project preconstruction phase to achieve the planning objectives with respect to cost, logistics, scheduling, estimating and subcontracting. Also, this individual is responsible for assembling and/or reviewing detailed estimates including general conditions, special conditions, insurance and bonds. The successful candidate is expected to work with people in all levels of Project Management and Field Supervision to establish budget and operational priorities to help ensure a successful project.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the estimate: Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and inform the Preconstruction Director, the Project Executive and others involved in the project of construction related problems, completeness of information, and potential risks involved in the project.
- Participation in the development of the construction schedule, staffing requirements, logistics plans, construction materials and methods, risk assessments, and cost estimates for the project team and clients during the preconstruction phase.
- Participation in the value engineering process on projects.
- Support Business Development in proposal presentations, aids in building client and Architect/Engineer relationships.
- Attend project interviews and presentations as required
- Conduct preconstruction project meetings with clients, design teams, and Consigli project teams.
- Assist the purchasing and estimating departments with evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals and in preparation of subcontracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of estimating experience, project management experience, project supervision experience, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices.
- Proficient in project management software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products.
- Knowledge of Timberline Estimating, On-Screen Take-off, and Primavera scheduling software desirable.