5 - 7 years experience • Construction
My client, a leading General Contractor, is searching for a Pre-Construction Manager for their Chicagoland area office. This company is closing in on 100 years of being in business and operates in multiple states. With this company the opportunities are unlimited.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership for estimating and planning support personnel.
- Monitor project budgeting and buy-out processes to ensure reliable information is available for estimates.
- Facilitate communication of cost history to ensure on-going evaluation of pricing information for better cost modeling and estimating.
- Monitor planning support processes to ensure efficient and effective use of resources.
- Interface withmarketing to ensure consideration of all relevant information, issues, and brand name recognition.
- Assist in the evaluation, planning and execution of new scope of services and profit centers.
- Monitor productivity and cost control on SBU projects.
- Attend project review meetings and facilitate solutions to budget problems as required.
- Plan and implement training for SBU estimators, planning support and project engineers.
- Assist with the development of business development professionals to help train and/or mentor them.
To qualify for this position you must have the following background:
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- Five years construction-related experience either in a preconstruction or estimating role
- Must be able to go out and act in a business development role as needed
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public.
My client is known for building strong, long lasting relationships based on trust and integrity. This is a family owned company that is known for doing the right thing with their customers and their clients.
My client is very motivated to hire and this position won’t be around for long. For consideration please forward a Word copy of your resume to . Qualified candidates will contacted within 24 hours.