STS is currently seeking an experienced Precipitation Data Management Engineer. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Surface Water Monitoring Program Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining, verifying, and validating precipitation data in the Hydstra database.
- Responsible for transmitting validated data to Tracking and Reporting Team.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Designs processes, equipment, facilities, and components associated with the LANL water mission.
- Provides field support and oversight for the assembly and testing of components, equipment, and systems.
- Updates work control and project data databases.
- Provides input for formal deliverables and reports.
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices.
- Complies with all site access and security requirements.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, concepts and techniques in the field of general engineering.
- Skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks under general supervision and guidance.
- Ability to organize own work independently in order to meet established objectives, using discretion in performing duties.
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work in a team oriented project environment.
- Familiarity with the LANL site, access requirements, general employee requirements, and work environment preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related technical discipline, or equivalent from an accredited university; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; after a candidate has been chosen.
Job ID 2018-2067