Job ID: 2743
This leadership role based at our precast facility in Hanford. The role of the Precast Factory Production Manager is to oversee operations of the Precast Facility, operate and achieve the production of pre-cast, pre-stressed girders for production, schedule and assembly and cost meeting all the requirements of the Project.
- Manager the production of a new precast concrete plant, for pre-stressed girders and slabs for the California High Speed Rail Project.
- Supervise and participate actively in the equipment, materials and personnel selection for the plan/project.
- Supervise Quality process and inspectors, batch plant, and concrete.
- Responsible for concrete mix design, batch plant operations and acceptance of raw materials and final products.
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Review and understand all bid documents and access project risks.
- Review and manager the production of shop drawings, from inception to approval by the Engineers of Record.
- Manager Quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the management team.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Willing to travel intermittently
- Has strong understanding of job costs, project scheduling and documentation requirements
- Understands means and methods of heavy civil construction
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution is required
- 10+ years related experience and/or training, preferable focused in the precast production operations space is essential
- Experience in facility startup will be highly regarded.
- Substantial experience in managing production of pre-stressed girders is required.
- Experience working with Caltrans or similar owners will be highly regarded,
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Must be willing and able to relocate based on business needs and project assignments
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program