We are seeking an experienced and hands-on senior/lead software engineer to join a world class team of highly motivated software engineers and infrastructure experts. Your charter will be to deliver high quality infrastructure automation tools, frameworks, workflows, and validation platforms that help Salesforce scale infrastructure to meet the phenomenal growth we are experiencing.
As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer, you have deep technical knowledge of web scale infrastructure systems and will be responsible for leading and contributing to key projects in design, development, and post-release support of platforms, data frameworks, and validation tools, that are used by a variety of internal teams at salesforce.com. You will work on complex scaling challenges as we move our customers to new infrastructures seamlessly.
The ideal candidate learns quickly, works efficiently in fast paced ambiguous environments, is team driven, solves complex problems permanently, and has an affinity for data and a bias for action.
- Directly influence our journey towards zero-touch, highly scalable, reliable infrastructure services.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership in a global and diverse organization.
- Automate, optimize and drive efficiency of effort, code and process.
- Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure on which the Salesforce service runs.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience and performance.
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members.
- Provide mentorship to other team members and partner with other SMEs across the organization.
- 5+ years design and implementation experience of large infrastructure projects with multiple teams
- 5+ years of experience with Databases and SQL/NoSQL technologies
- Deep understanding of Linux internals, networktechnologies, algorithms and data structures
- Expert judgement, analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or any engineering discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to details
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.