Lead the technical pre sales strategy, relationships and overall direction in an assigned territory or vertical industry with prospects, established clients, business partners, and application ecosystem partners. This position, may have you paired with one of multiple Account Manager[s] in the assigned territory. This job will require travel to customer sites in the assigned territory as well as to headquarters for briefings and any other items deemed necessary. Travel time is estimated at no more than 50% and likely, much less of job requirements.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Company’s products
- Be able to articulate and describe those products during customer presentations & white-boarding sessions
- Knowledge of the competition (you will be selling against) – How other companies products works and why, when compared to INFINIDAT they are less efficient and effective
- Interactive demonstrations
- Pre-sales Account management and liaison with the Technical Advocate for post technical support
- Evaluations and (if required) -> proof-of-concepts –
- Manage customer expectations and submit enhancements in conjunction with Technical Advisors for any enhancements. Follow-up to customer inquiries
- Following Company guidelines on sizing and performance testing prior to delivering configuration and proposal to the customer
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven team Player with at least5 years of proven technical experience (Can be engineering – operational etc.;) that provided a good foundation to today’s key business drivers and challenges faced by IT organizations today.
- - Microsoft Application Ecosystem (SharePoint – Azure etc.;)
- - Databases (Oracle - DB2 - SQL Server etc.;)
- - Virtualization Technologies (VMware, HyperV - AIX - OpenStack –XEN)
- - Storage protocols (Block protocols (Fiber Channel and iSCSI) – NAS - (NFS/CIFS (SMB) - Object (REST/HTTP)- CKD, and FICON
- - Data Protection and Business Continuity solutions (software and infrastructure platforms, such as Virtual Tape Libraries (VTL)
- Competitive Knowledge on at least 1 (ideally minimum of two) of the following:
- - EMC, HDS, NetApp, HP, IBM and other enterprise storage products
- - Major Operating Systems including Windows – Linux – AIX and helpful but not required (Mainframe)
- 2 years of pre-sales experience (ideally in a startup environment) (AFA vendor, container vendor, virtualization vendor – modern backup vendor in their specific geographic region or vertical market – supporting a quota carrying team. Must have ability to sell independently without an establish brand
- Ability to conduct conversations at the executive layer as well as conveying both technical and business merits of our solution to the relevant parties
- Bridge internal customer gaps and adversarial/disparate groups within customer organization and win them over to our solution
- Be a self-starter and partner closely with the Enterprise Account Manager[s] that you work along with. Take initiative to do things that advance your chances of selling, reach out to any contacts you may have, don’t rely on just the Account Manages to generate meetings and opportunities
- Ability to provide information about competitive products and clearly differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of the offerings based on real-world experience
- Demonstrable you can do more listening than talking in the initial stages off an engagement. Ask the customers about their environment before you start presenting – annunciate clearly, have a plan for each meeting and be able to adapt when things change. Be consistent in oral and written communications. Use spellcheck and Grammar on all written communications. Present yourself and INFINIDAT in the most professional light possible at all times
- Creation and delivery of architecture proposals, as well as the development and delivery of Solution Briefs that fit within company guidelines. Truthful representation at all times.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to POCs, RFPs, RFQs and RFIs as defined by the customer requirements
- Experience using TCO analysis and other (ROI) tools to financially justify proposals – understand the data from the performance testing and be able to articulate the findings
- Experience working with Business Partners to fulfill solutions and services
- Deep technical knowledge and real-world usage of application and operating system environments and their integration touch points within the enterprise storage industry including but not limited to the list described in the first section of the Required Skills & Experience Section.