Govplace is a rapidly growing technology reseller and systems integrator with annual revenues of over $150M and growing 30% year over year! We leverage performance-based contracting to develop enterprise cloud computing, infrastructure, cyber-security, and other IT-based solutions exclusively for the public sector.
Our success is the embodiment of the smart, vibrant, and passionate people that make up the Govplace team and our goal at Govplace is to support them in building and growing exciting and profitable careers!
Govplace is searching for a Solution Engineering Manager to join our corporate team in Reston, VA. Reporting directly to the CTO, the successful candidate will play a critical role in leading technical pre-sales efforts, developing our go-to-market offerings, and collaborating with business development on capturing and winning opportunities.
What we have:
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Best of breed technology partners
- A top-notch team of engineers to work with and support you
- Manage a growing team of solution architects and engineers and establish the vision, plan and management framework that enables engineering to scale to meet the rapid growth trajectory of the business. The plan should include:
- Model to predict, manage and optimize utilization across various engineering functions
- Strategy to support pre-sales engagement to include customer presentations and proposal content development
- Clear career paths; including professional development plans with supporting training plans
- Approach to sustainable key certification compliance for major partners
- Lab development strategy for both internal training and external customer demos/POCs
- Build a model to enable effective management and support for Business Development and Capture efforts
- Manage the creation of solutions and approaches in response to customer RFPs and RFIs and continually improve the quality of their deliverables
- Manage technical solutioning efforts for major proposals
- Review and validate project artifacts, solution designs, estimates and sizing data for quality, accuracy, completeness and adherence to the original requirements and design parameters.
- Manage Offering Development efforts
- Manage and participate in the development of solution strategies that contemplate current state and evolving market trends to meet existing and future functionality requirements.
- Coordinate the development of offering artifacts including reference architectures, technical comparative analysis, system sizing and analysis, repeatable system configurations, implementation plans, conversion approaches
- Collaborate with Alliance Management to obtain and integrate partner provided resources within offering development
- Collaborate with Marketing to increase visibility of developed solutions
- Manage the design, implementation, and maintenance of Govplace lab and showcase environments
- Serve as a Coach/Leader
- Actively participate in coaching his/her team on enhancing presentation and writing soft skills
- Actively participate in improving relevant engineering, offering development and other enterprise processes
- Actively maintain relevant management and technical certifications
- Galvanize the entire Govplace technical community to encourage them to participate in offering development and increase technical excellence
- Live Govplace core values; Respectful Candor, Integrity, Serious Fun, Entrepreneurial Innovation
- Experience leading engineering, solution architecture, and/or pre-sales engineering teams
- Hold industry methodology certifications such as Agile, TOGAF, ITIL, Six Sigma, or PMP
- Relevant knowledge in various IT disciplines such as - virtualization, networking, storage, cyber-security, and/or cloud computing
- Experience in managing and participating in the creation of intellectual property/collateral such as white papers, best practice documents, customer solution presentations, blog articles, etc.
- Experience mentor and leading engineering resources with varying levels of responsibility and knowledge
- A good understanding of government procurements (RFI, RFP, RFQ) and proposal support and solutioning processes
- Must possess the following traits/characteristics – humility, drive/initiative, accountability, team player spirit
With a commitment to innovation and technology leadership, Govplace is leading the way to a new model for Federal IT by creating and delivering exciting technology solutions to the Federal Government. Be part of something great……. join our team today!
*Govplace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.