Govplace is a rapidly growing technology reseller and systems integrator with annual revenues of over $150M and growing 30% year over year! We leverage performance-based contracting to develop enterprise cloud computing, infrastructure, cyber-security, and other IT-based solutions exclusively for the public sector.
Our success is the embodiment of the smart, vibrant, and passionate people that make up the Govplace team and our goal at Govplace is to support them in building and growing exciting and profitable careers!
Govplace is searching for a Presales Solution Engineer to join our corporate team in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will assist the internal sales team with technical requests from customers. Design\Architect and at times implement solutions. Help respond to proposals, and to develop Govplace branded solutions.
Govplace is a rapidly growing government technology reseller and integrator. We leverage performance-based contracting to develop enterprise data center efficiency, cyber-security, and other IT-based solutions exclusively for the public sector.
What we have:
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Best of breed technology and software application portfolio
- A top-notch team of aces to work with and support you
What you have:
- 5 years experience in Infrastructuretechnologies, i.e., compute, virtualization, networking, storage and/or cyber-security. Emphasis on networking technologies traditional and virtual
- In-depth knowledge (senior level) in Virtualization and Storage technologies
- Must have the ability to assist customers in creating requirements and/or understand the requirements provided; Experience turning requirements into a viable, robust, scalable, and cost-effective design/architecture using industry standard best practices and best of breed of COTS hardware and software products
- Must have experience creating PowerPoint presentations and performing whiteboard sessions to relay solution to customers in a clear, concise, calm, impactful manner.
- Must have experience owning the creation/verification of the solution, writing the technical portions of the proposal, and creating architectural diagrams in support of RFI, RFP, and RFQs
- Must possess the following traits/characteristics – humility, drive/initiative, accountability, team player spirit
What may make you a Rockstar:
- In-depth knowledge of Layer2/3, wireless, and software-defined networking
- A strong desire to strengthen current skillset and expand skillset technically and professionally
- Hold various active certifications from virtualization and storage market leaders such as VMware, EMC, NetApp, Cisco, and/or AWS
- Experience creating Intellectual property such as white papers, best/common practice’s, data sheets, reference architectures, and blog articles
- Experiencedesigning and/or maintaining enterprise class, mission-critical environments in support of the federal government (10,000+ users)
What you will do:
- Business Development Support
- Responsible for providing technical, strategic leadership to Govplace Account teams, customers, and selected partners within assigned customer base (DHS, VA, HHS, DOC, DOS, and DOJ).
- Assess existing client’s environments and develop solutions primarily in the areas of IT Infrastructure, Cloud, Cyber Security and IT Automation utilizing leading and emerging technology partners in those areas. Develop solution strategies that contemplate current state and evolving market trends to meet existing and future functionality requirements.
- Identify major account opportunities that align with Cloud Infrastructure, Cyber-Security, and Automation/Orchestration, in addition to performing in-depth technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
- Provide detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected major account opportunities.
- Invest time with key clients in establishing a true “trusted advisor” relationship.
- Assist internal sales team with technical requests from customers. Design\Architect and at times implement solutions. Help respond to proposals, in addition, to develop Govplace branded solutions.
- Obtain Govplace required OEM certifications as required to keep current partnerships in place and secure new partnerships
- Synthesize information on solution design, establish architectural principles, and apply industry standards to system architectures that meet client requirements.
- Develop the Bill of Material for sales quotes, system sizing and analysis, building system configurations, implementation plans, conversion approaches and all aspects required to create a proposal and the details plans for implementation.
- Assist with creation of Go to Market Offerings
- Provide mentoring and team leadership to other architects and sales executives and freely share expertise and knowledge with peers.
- Deliver presentations to customers on Govplace technology and product offering
- Produce differentiating white papers and presentations and work with Marketing to expose them to both our customers and the industry thus enhancing Govplace’ s technical brand
- Develop, review, and validate project artifacts, solution designs, estimates and sizing data for quality, accuracy, completeness, and adherence to the original requirements and design parameters.
With a commitment to innovation and technology leadership, Govplace is leading the way to a new model for Federal IT by creating and delivering exciting technology solutions to the Federal Government. Be part of something great……. join our team today!
*Govplace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.