Applies senior knowledge of solutioning principles and technical knowledge to a variety of sales opportunities with low to high MRR potential. Continues to develop business acumen and knowledge of the sales process. Strong knowledge across entire Rackspace portfolio while developing deeper understanding on specific products or services. Works in close collaboration with sales teams to design technical solutions for specific opportunities and supports efforts to expand customer footprint at across solution lines.
- Leverages training, education, and previous experience to gather customer requirements, respectfully challenge customer assumptions, and translate into a Rackspace supportable solution.
- Occasionally leads customer workshops to define broader hosting and cloud strategies.
- Primary technical contact on specific opportunities of moderate to high complexity while also providing guidance and thought leadership during the sales process.
- Participates and leads customer calls and face to face meetings.
- In close collaboration with the sales team, will occasionally lead customer engagements.
- Evaluates customer needs and influences direction of solution design beyond immediate opportunity.
- Advanced understanding of the tools of the solutioning trade (Salesforce, Proposal Tools, Technology Sizing Tools).
- Responsible for associated activities such as capturing notes and activities in Salesforce and managing deal pipeline.
- Proficient with advanced reporting functions of Salesforce.
- Proficient in assisting sales team in soliciting buying signs and compelling events.
- Identifies decision makers and builds extensive networks to help facilitate lead generation, with an emphasis on technical influencers.
- Foresees potential technical and business customer objections early in the sales cycle.
- Overcomes concerns and lowers customer risk to selecting Rackspace.
- As a Trusted Advisor, with deep understanding of the customer's business, uncovers both overt and latent pains.
- Develops deep relationships with Rackspace sales and support teams to deliver advanced strategic account planning including methods for generating additional business opportunities and cross-selling within an organization.
- Decisions impact the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own function/client group.
- May impact other related teams through quality of output and service provided.
- Demonstrates strong judgment and creativity in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Completes mostly tactical work, using learning and creativity to resolve new situations.
- Contributes to analysis and solution of business problems regarding operations, products, services or customers.
- Analyzes information, asks questions and checks for understanding using learned techniques and applying creativity in new situations.
- Applies acquired skills and experience to complete complex tasks.
- Suggests and develops improvements to existing processes and solutions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Networks with key internal and external contacts, developing strong relationships outside of specialty field.
- Proven extensive technical knowledge with ability to quickly learn new concepts.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the entire Rackspace portfolio and is a subject matter expert for a section of the portfolio.
- Demonstrated success in positioning Rackspace against competitor offerings.
- Helps refine value proposition of products and services to maintain Rackspace competitive edge.
- Thorough knowledge of Rackspace support and sales processes with demonstrated success in closing complex business (multiple customer touch points and month+ sales cycle).
- Ability to help navigate significant deals around internal obstacles to ensure revenue realization.
- Engages process owners to continually improve pre-sales and implementation customer experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize deals, training, and initiatives through highly effective time management.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, presentation, and whiteboarding skills.
- Track record of success working through technical challenges within enterprise organizations.
- Track record of success dealing with ambiguity (internal and external) and working collaboratively with other departments and organizations to solve challenging problems.
- Strong knowledge of technology and industry trends that affect hosting decisions for enterprise organizations.
- Advanced Sales training (Sandler, John Care).
- Internal: Advanced technical training on one specific technology or application within the Rackspace portfolio required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business.
- Experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires 7+ years solutions engineering experience.
- Equivalent customer facing technical sales experience may substitute.
- At least ONE industry certification required: Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCNA, OpenStack, Cloud Savvy, AWS Cloud Certifications, Azure Cloud Certifications and Google Cloud Certifications.
- Must be willing to travel 30-40%.
- This role DOES NOT meet the requirements for foreign-worker sponsorship. Candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Position is available for remote work in the following states unless otherwise specified. Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.