This key team member will be responsible for providing technical pre-sales support to the sales team for the assigned territory.
- Provide technical sales support during sales meetings with customers as well as meetings with the internal team.
- Design and present solutions including Cloud IaaS, Network and Managed Security to various sales teams. This will occasionally require working with the local SE in a solution architect capacity to help them design appropriate solutions based on the services.
- Lead the technical discussions in customer meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
- Strong focus on understanding customer and partner challenges, and how they can utilize services to support their business.
- Formulate responses to customer questions concerning product offerings.
- Design technical solutions involving new technologies such as virtualization, data center technologies. Aid in offering industry expertise and strategic thinking to leadership where it could help drive revenue in the field.
- Conduct training for partners, agents and customers on products and services.
- Partner with internal departments to offer the best possible customer experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Managed Data Center Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Virtualization technologies.
- Considerable expertise in Computer Systems Specifications, Data Security, Disaster Recovery Planning, Firewall Systems, IP and Ethernet Wide Area Networks.
- Thorough understanding of WAN Technologies including Carrier/Metro Ethernet, MPLS Layer 3 VPN, Internet access and Private Line services.
- Ability to communicate how solution will incorporate into the customer network.
- General knowledge of SONET services and Dense Wave Division Multiplexing.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout sales territory which may include overnight travel.
- High level of analytical ability and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while supporting more than one Sales Representative.
- Ability and willingness to work well with all areas of the organization as well as external customers and vendors.
Five years experience in managed services sales support. Previous data networking experience is required. Technical experience in a data center, ISP, or telecom environment is desired. Experience in Microsoft Windows and Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.