We have an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Architect in either Milwaukee, WI, or Madison, WI, locations. A successful Solutions Architect (SA) for enterprise networking should be able to present and explain various networking and wireless technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. SAs are responsible for creating scope of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these Solutions. Specific tasks include creation of bill of materials for hardware/software solutions, creation of consulting engagements, including pricing of engineering services and creation of statement of work.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design experience, be highly motivated about learning new products and technologies, able to effectively communicate with customers, ensure superior customer service, and maintain a strong customer relationship. Candidates will also need to be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of business level requirements and how underlying technologies help deliver on those requirements.
- Provide pre-sales support of network, security, and wireless related opportunities and solutions across the territory.
- Understand client's infrastructures, their needs and provide expertise and consulting on technology solutions.
- Provide internal assistance on the technology solutions, product plans and roadmaps.
- Make telephone and in-person calls and presentations to clients and potential clients.
- Work closely with inside and outside account management team to develop and drive business.
- Coordinate hardware and software quotations with account teams.
- Responsible for conducting discovery, developing and delivering scopes of work, hour / cost estimates and client deliverables.
- Develop and deliver professional statements of work, including design documentation and bill of materials.
- Ability to provide management and account team oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Be knowledgeable about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience.
- Minimum of 3years consulting or pre-sales experience.
- Strong experience in networking and wireless technologies (CCNA/equivalent or higher certification).
- Thorough knowledge of Cisco products and understanding of infrastructure and best practices.
- Candidate should have strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal / active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including client-facing consulting skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed.
- Experience with cloud solutions is a plus