This is a remote positon with 25% travel.
As a pre sales engineer, you will work with the territory sales manager(s), channel partners, integrators and end-users to drive sales.
- Identify the opportunities, grasp the technical significance, and be able to understand the business problem.
- Work independently and in concert with a team in coordinating and executing various hands-on PoCs, solution demonstrations, trade shows, etc.,
- Prompt escalation management gauging a situation and its criticality.
- Conduct presentations, Webex sessions and whiteboard sessions fluently to pitch solutions effectively.
- Articulate the value of a solution, and its fit in a customer environment, with a focus on solution selling.
- Strong written skills, and ability to prepare RFP/RFI responses in a clear and coherent manner, that emphasize the capabilities of the solution.
- Stay up to date on technologies, trends etc., in the field of Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs), application architecture, and application security.
- Stay up to date on networksecurity trends, especially in the area of perimeter security and DoS mitigation, cloud services, etc.
- Deliver technical overview and informal sales training of channel partners, VARs, integrators, and end-users.
- Travel can be expected to be significant, and may vary with sales territory/region.
- 2-5years technical salessupport in a pre sales engineering role
- In-depth knowledge of OSI layers 2?7
- Demonstrated proficiency at system integration
- Ability to interpret packet captures and diagnose underlying problems
- Experience with load balancers, firewalls, web servers and caching
- Understanding of bandwidth management and quality of service concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network environments
- Knowledge of VPN, SSL and encryption related concepts
- Knowledge of SNMP version 1, 2, 3 plus the ability to read MIBS
- Good presentation, speaking and negotiation skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Independent and self-motivated
- BS in engineering, computer sciences or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills
- Hands-on experience with network perimeter security such as DDoS mitigation tools, and Web Application Firewalls
- Hands-on experience with security tools such as Backtrack, Kali, Z.A.P, HPING, Tcpreplay, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Application Delivery Controllers (ADCs, load balancers) with knowledge of
- Server Load Balancing
- Global Server Load Balancing
- L7 routing/switching, and manipulation.
- Basic Knowledge of widely deployed enterprise applications such as SharePoint, Outlook, Oracle Web Apps, etc.,
- Knowledge of cloud security services, cloud hosting, etc.
- Any scripting/programming skills or familiarity.
- Bachelor?s in a related field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Information Sciences.