Duties & Responsibilities
As a Pre-Sales Engineer at Denodo you play an integral role in sales of our Data Virtualization software. You work closely with sales team to understand clients' technical and business needs and to demonstrate how those can be achieved through the capabilities of our Denodo Platform. You own the technical dimension of the sales cycle and successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, communication and coordination skills between clients and internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Conception, implementation, and execution of customer-specific integration projects based on the Denodo Platform.
- Education, coaching and support during the introduction as well as ongoing projects of the Denodo Platform to achieve high level of client satisfaction.
- Diagnose and resolve clients inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help clients and other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
- Contribute to knowledge management activities and promote best practices for project execution.
- Implement product demos and pilots to showcase Data Virtualization in enterprise scenarios, cloud deployments and Big Data projects.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements and issues.
New York, NY, USA
- Experience Range: +3 years
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor, Master)
- Understanding of Data Integration flavors
- Solid understanding of SQL and a good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice. Good knowledge of software development and architectural patterns.
- Technical skills include Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs, experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, git).
- Basic experience in Big Data, NoSQL, and InMemory environments is welcome.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Personal and Relationship qualities: Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies and tasks. Active listener. Curiosity and continuous learning. Creativity. Team worker.
- Communications: Good written/verbal communication skills (other international languages is a plus) are essential for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Willingness to travel.