Pre - Sales Engineer Cyber Security
Our Client is an exciting information security software company with a patented technology that revolutionizes the security posture of organizations. We now seek a Pre-Sales Engineer to join its expanding U.S. team. They are looking for a technically savvy and motivated sales engineer with a proven success track record with the IT security/cybersecurity ecosystem, to define solutions based on our technology to enterprise and mid-market companies.
Please Note: This position is home office based, the candidate can be located near any of the cities listed
· Drive the entire technical dialogue from initial customer engagement to closed sales (and in some cases through delivery and ongoing account management).
· Support the sales process by understanding customer needs, our technological platform and how to implement it as a solution.
· Document and present the solution to the customer, describe the benefits of the solution and build relationships with customers.
· Participate in strategic and tactical account planning.
· Work with account and sales executives in the onboarding process of new prospects.
· Act as the customer's focal point for all technical matters relating to requirement definition, architectural design, proof of concept implementation and deployment of solutions.
· Supportsales and business development processes from a technology perspective.
· Conduct product demonstrations and POCs to customers.
· Draft and deliver technical proposals and statements of work.
· Work with delivery teams to proactively address problems.
- Technically onboard, train and cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers.
- Provide technical feedback on market needs and features to improve products.
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace. Present solutions at seminars and events.
- Keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions.
- Conduct all activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
Requested Skills and Experience
- Experience in a sales engineering or solution architect role with a technology, preferably within the cybersecurity or networking arena - MUST
- Experience and background in software or system integration projects – MUST
- Experience in a technical role with a software channel partner (system integrator, distributor, reseller) – ADVANTAGE
- A technically savvy, multi tasker with a can-do attitude, leadership skills, a love for challenges and a sales-oriented mind, able to excite prospects, develop and tailor security solutions to customers.
- Fast learner and adaptive to a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Self-disciplined, well organized and capable to plan their work and work their plan on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Results-oriented team player, with excellent ability to utilize resources to achieve goals.
- Background and experience with Microsoft technologies (.net, IIS, Windows Server, etc) – MUST
- Background and experience with networking and information security products (FW, WAF, VPN, routers, etc) – MUST
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Linux and open source technologies – ADVANTAGE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent - ADVANTAGE