Pre-Sales Engineer, Channel
Sales & Sales Ops Houston, Texas Austin, Texas Dallas, Texas
ExtraHop’s Sales team is growing! Our platform for wire data analytics is disrupting the multi-billion dollar IT Operations Management industry. We have enthusiastic customers who are coming back for more because our products work and support cool use cases. We offer strong comp plans, fair quotas, and the opportunity to workwith other smart, hardworking people who are excited about creating the next great systems company in our market. If you are at the top of your game, have experience building partner communities, are a challenger, and can sell innovative next-gen solutions, then we want to hear from you.
As a Channel Sales Engineer you will work to provide our partner community with the necessary skills to promote ExtraHop solutions for their customer base. The successful Channel Sales Engineer will leverage their technical background in networking and security, along with a strong business acumen to champion ExtraHop as a key component of the network and security solutions that our channel partners deliver.
- Coordinate channel strategy with regional sales teams and the channel sales manager, identifying focus partners and building a plan to technically enable them
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations at partner sites, customer sites, and marketingevents
- Owns, monitors, reports on, and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base in assignedgeography
- Promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems, as it relates to the partner and their customer base
- Be an ExtraHop technical expert: know networking, security, competition and channel business dynamics
- Maintain a broad level of knowledge of industry trends and how ExtraHop products add value
- Successfully build relationships with the ExtraHop account teams that you support
- Travel throughout the region
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- Self motivated, high-energy and fun spirited individual who takes a very friendly and helping-hand approach
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in supporting networking, application, and/or network-securitytechnologies
- Technical Channel engineeringexperience working with assigned partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Ability to adapt to changing goals based on customer demands and market conditions while working withchannel and sales teams
- Understanding of enterprise security requirements
- Understanding of IT Operations
- Solid understanding of enterprise-networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization technologies, and so forth
- Solid understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts: 3-tier architecture, high-availability/disaster recovery (active-active data centers, redundant switch stacks, and so forth)
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Protocol-level understanding of how various software components involved in enterprise service delivery interact: web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network attached storage, and so forth
- Solid understanding of major operating systems including Linux, Windows, and UNIX.
- Familiarity with trends in enterprise services, such as virtualization, cloud computing, and VOIP
- Familiarity with VMware hypervisor (ESXi) and environments
- Experience analyzing packet captures a plus