Acumatica is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) to support sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The PSE is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channelsupported.
What you will do:
- Work deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secure input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapt solutions to ensure appropriate support, as necessary.
- Coordinate closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secure commitments needed from customer technical staff to ensure a deal’s “technical close”.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams.
- Provide coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
You are a great fit for this position if:
- You have 6+years of sales or sales engineering experience in a B2B, large/strategic customer segment
- You have a record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- You hold a product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
- You have ERP project management experience or lead complex consulting engagements
- You have large company experience that you would like to apply to a smaller team
- You have worked in a startup-like environment (unstructured, ambiguous, resource constrained, fast paced)
- You know how to build an action plan, laying out goals, strategies, tactics and timelines
- You know how to listen, ask questions, build consensus and solve ambiguous problems
- You have exceptional organizational and communication skills