The presales consultant will have a key role in supporting Zyme sales activities, helping promote Zyme’s solutions and services and acting as a solution evangelist. The position will require extensive contact with customers at operational and management/decision-maker levels; and coordination with internal Zyme teams, such as product management and professional services. The presales consultant will gain a deep understanding of Zyme’s solutions portfolio to provide presales technical / functional support to prospective and existing customers.
The ideal candidate has a background in presales, as well as experience with SaaS platforms and data centric technologies such as business intelligence and integration software.
- Global focus, medium to large Hi-tech clients
- Based in Redwood Shores, CA
- Will require travel (25-50%)
Day to day activities in this role include:
- Pre Sales Activities
- Understand the customer’s needs and pain points and map them to Zyme’s product portfolio
- Provide subject matter expertise for prospects and existing customers on Zyme’s solutions
- Explain the ROI and benefits of Zyme’s solutions to prospects and customers
- Participate in sales calls with sales management and meetings with prospects
- Prepare and give solution demonstrations
- Prepare and give technology and solution architecture presentations
- Capture prospect/customer requirements and write sales proposals detailing how Zyme’s solutions will address business needs
- Deliver feedback to product development/management based on prospect or customer interaction, product issues, field deployments and generally observed market trends
- Take ownership of continuous improvement and refinement of sales processes and best practice strategies
- Respond to RFI/RFPs and manage local implementation of trials
- Solution Implementation
- Manage the post sales transition to the service setup team. Ensure that the service setup team understands scope, project plan, and key stakeholders
- Act in an advisory/QA role with service setup team to ensure clients' requirements are translated correctly from sales cycle to delivery
- Customer-facing communication skills (presentation/demo/writing).
- Experience with enterprise software and SAAS solutions
- Experience working in fast-paced sales environment
- 5 plus years of presales experience
- In addition to English, Mandarin, Korean and/or Japanese speaking skills a plus
Zyme is a rapidly expanding company with world-class customers already in place. We are looking for a flexible and motivated person to join the team. Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record. Candidate should be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Candidate should be organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.