Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Are you passionate about making companies smarter? For over 30 years, Teradata has been delivering award-winning data warehousing and analytical solutions to the world’s leading companies in telecommunications, retail, financial services, transportation, healthcare, hospitality, media, insurance, and government. We have a reputation for being The Best Decision Possible for our customers because of our sharp focus on innovation, our world-class network of partners and our experienced associates. We’re looking for people who share our vision to join our team of more than 10,000 associates around the globe.
Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Job Category: Pre-Sales
Location: Virtual / New York Metro Area (New York, New Jersey)
The Solution Architect (SA) is a senior level position that leverages data and analytics technical knowledge to promote sales of Teradata solutions. The SA has broad knowledge of the data and analytics space with knowledge of Teradata products and their application. The SA articulates data and analytic ecosystem architectures and trends, and provides technical consulting to support sales and Professional Services (PS) business development and day-to-day activities. The SA establishes or enhances mid-level customer relationships, provides technical support on engagements and identifies new target business opportunities within our accounts.
- Assisting with account qualification utilizing knowledge of industry solutions, data models & data volumes for several types of customers and applying this knowledge to determine applicability of Teradata’s offerings.
- Understanding, documenting and articulating the customer’s current data and analytic ecosystem architecture. This includes a complete inventory of the customer’s data warehouses and datamarts as well as their respective business functions.
- Understanding competitive products such as Oracle, IBM, Netezza, Greenplum, etc
- Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of business problems that customers face, and how data and analytical solutions can help solve. Experience across multiple industries is a plus.
- Articulating Teradata’s solutions to the business problems mentioned above using the complete set of Teradata Solutions and Services.
- Coordination of customer benchmark and proof of value activities as needed.
- Conducting presentations on Teradata solutions through effective communication, and consultative dialogue
- Being a trusted advisor to the customer’s decision-makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology/architecture, data management, analytics, database marketing, business intelligence, customer profitability solutions, and other areas related to Teradata’s solution offerings.
- Identifying new application and consulting services opportunities that will lead to additional data being added to the customer’s data and analytic ecosystem.
- Timely, accurate administration & reporting (PSA, expenses, forecasts, etc.)
- Contributing Knowledge Assets to the internal Knowledge repository site.
The Solution Architect will work from a virtual (home) office. 25-50% travel is required.
- Seven years or more of operational or technical RDBMSexperience in a data warehouse, data lake or similar implementation
- Client interface and consulting skills in large Fortune 500 companies
- Experience with large data and analytic implementations including data warehousing, data lakes, and related analytical ecosystem architecture. General knowledge of current data architectures to support these technologies.
- Solid understanding of current data architecture topics including Big Data and Analytics
- Understanding of parallel data base and/or file system architectures
- Ability to consult with customers on large database deployment decisions in terms of on-premises, private cloud, and public cloud options, with the ability to influence customers decisions in those areas
- Hands-on experience in working with the Teradata RDBMS, including Teradata Active System Management (TASM), Performance tuning, and DBQL/Dictionary analysis is a plus
- Experience in analytic solutions around non-traditional data types such as text, log files, audio, video is a plus
- Deep desire for self-learning and continuous knowledge gain in the data and analytics domain
- BA or BS in Business or Computer Science
- Previous experienceworking with large customers in the Financial Services Industry