Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks.
Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees.
Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an in-house counsel to provide pre-publication review and First Amendment guidance and training for our television stations and other businesses.
This position will handle all First Amendment and content review and related matters for the Sinclair’s television and digital business units.
The Legal Counsel will have primary responsibility for pre-publication review of news reports, defamation claims and related litigation. The Legal Counsel will also assist with other issues related to the Company’s news content.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing news and other content prior to broadcast and publication
- Providing guidance on First Amendment and other issues relevant to the Company’s news content and operations
- Overseeing all news and content related litigation, demands and claims
- Conducting on-going training for relevant personnel
- Providing FOIA and subpoena support to the business units
- Performing other duties in support of the Sinclair legal department as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- J.D. with a minimum 6+ years’ experience in First Amendment matters at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department. Experience in-house with broadcast or other media company a plus
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with exceptional academic credentials
- Expertise in pre-publication review, First Amendment matters and related litigation is required. Experience with social media, intellectual property, and/or general litigation is preferred
- Admission to at least one State Bar
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively and provide leadership to the team
- Local candidates (Baltimore/Washington DC region) preferred but relocation may be considered for the right candidate
- Ability to work independently, and with all levels of management
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tracking Code 9313.