Novolex™ employs over 7,000 people across the globe. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina… to our 46 world-class manufacturing sites… to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte… we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Pre-Production/Customer Service Manager
The Pre-Production/Customer Service Manager will provide proactive leadership, strategic direction, and tactical hands-on support to the Customer Service and Pre-Production Services Groups of Bagcraft Packaging. This position is specifically responsible for the following: developing, entrenching, and advancing Lean Management strategies into the activities of order management; returns and complaints processing, customer account management; new product set-up coordination; product system set-up, graphics development and approval coordination; graphics technologies management; and expansion of the Business Unit level services to our internal and external customers. The result of these strategies will perpetuate maximum safety, service quality, productivity, and profitability.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Comply with Environmental Health & Safety rules/responsibilities
- New product set-up coordination
- Product structure system set-up and change coordination
- Graphics development and technologies management
- Product and graphics approval coordination
- Responsible for machine/line/tooling capabilities information
- Provide functional support to Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Pricing, Supply Chain, & Financial activities
- Develop and maintain performance reporting metrics
- Responsible for order management processing
- Provide sales and customer information reports
- Manage complaints reporting and analysis
- Responsible for service performance measurement and analysis
- Manage the timely processing of C/S related short-pays & deductions
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with plant and Business Unit level SC functions
- Provide leadership and oversight to Customer Service Representatives, Pre-Production Service Coordinators and the Graphics Manager
- Continuous improvement of the Pre-production and Customer Service organization and activities
- Recruit, teach, supervise, coach, and develop direct reports
- Provide strategic direction and tactical hands on support to the Pre-production and Customer Service teams
- Develop, entrench, and advance Lean Management strategies into Pre-production and Customer Service teams
- Manage to established customer agreements and service performance objectives
- Continuously evaluate the processes and work instructions to ensure customers are provided with service needed
- Develop communication with internal customers and provide strategies to enhance effectiveness
- Utilize technology management and development to improve tools for data processing and communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- APICS Certification, Six Sigma, and related certifications and training preferred
- A Master’s Degree, related post-education training, other specialize certifications are preferred
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience working in multi-plant converting environment with a financially-integrated ERP system
- Experience with bill of materials creation and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of flexographic printing process, scheduling, and customer service
- Proactive and focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate problems and solutions
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in streamlining policies and procedures and effectively developing a team
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community