ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION We are a premier east coast construction firm passionate about our clients’ success. Since 1972 we have worked in close collaboration with clients to create facilities that support their organizational goals. We provide a robust set of integrated tools that includes construction management, planning, preconstruction, and design. From offices in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Florida, we are experts in the Education, Senior Living, Healthcare, Corporate/Industrial, and Hospitality and Tourism markets.
Our people are known for intense teamwork that results in innovative, value-added facility solutions that benefit our clients’ operations and profitability. Services are delivered in a wide variety of formats including construction management at risk, design build – using both in-house and third-party design, and as a general contractor. Quality, safety, budget and schedule are the measures of success. CATEGORY: Construction DESCRIPTION
Responsible for all aspects of estimating a variety of jobs including conceptual estimates, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor relations and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating.
- Responsible for establishing accurate and quality project budgets for complete preconstruction phase which may include conceptual cost estimates developed from schematic or feasibility level information through final estimates based on the complete document packages.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and effectively collaborate and communicate amongst team members during the preconstruction process
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure the preconstruction process runs smoothly and our client expectations are exceeded throughout the duration of the project(s).
- Assume key roles in presenting information during client presentations and proposal reviews.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine a comprehensive scope of work and bid/proposal strategy.
- Assist in maintaining historical cost database
- Develop and execute milestones for project specific preconstruction schedule.
- Interface with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project.
- Build and maintain relationships with subcontractors. Communicate project scope and requirements effectively to ensure the best pricing is received based on the needs of the project.
- If required, assist project management in subcontractor award and miscellaneous pricing.
- Participate with applicable trade associations and attend networking events to assist with business development as well as professional development.
- Timberline Estimating
- On Screen Takeoff
- Microsoft Project Scheduling 2013
- Excel Spreadsheets
Four-year degree in a construction related field, plus 5-10 years of experience and knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities. Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.) skills essential. Must be a skilled businessman/woman.
LOCATION: Cutler Associates, Inc. Corporate Headquarters - Massachusetts