Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Help to develop the structure of the Knowledge Management System, including intranet pages, databases and other content repositories.
- Become knowledgeable about identified practice groups firm-wide, their work flow, their matter types and their content needs, including client documents, attorney know-how and other knowledge assets, in order to advice on best practices for inclusion in the Knowledge Management System.
- Work with designated practice group leaders or designated working groups to identify and ensure the creation or sourcing of knowledge assets.
- Create and design systems and processes for the ongoing maintenance, updating, improvement, and capture of knowledge assets.
- Work with designated practice group or operational department leaders and application developers to set specification and communicate needs for appropriate intranet or other custom applications development; serve as a “translator” and “facilitator” of Knowledge Management projects involving technology.
- Develop a plan for maintaining the integrity and currency of the Knowledge Management System.
- Assist the Knowledge Management leaders in finding opportunities to create greater efficiencies in legal practice areas and operation departments through application of Knowledge Management principle.
- May perform other duties not mentioned above.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of Knowledge Managementexperience.
- Proven project management skills and strong service leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to build trust and respect with fellow team members and members of the firm.
- Demonstrated adherence to department best practices.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, with proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and succinctly, both verbally and in writing to different audiences, and ability to relate well with others and to maintain relations with cordiality and diplomacy.
- Ability to travel, as necessary.
- Prior law firm experience is preferred